Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Hand and Home Made

 Well, yoga happened.
Walking did not.
It was a very blustery day.
Winds are still howling at 9:15 p.m. as I type.

In addition to daily yoga and walking (even though it didn't happen today), I also hope to blog, read and craft every day.
1. Finished a round of pink on my growing granny square made from scrap yarn.
3. Always making hearts.
4. Will do another round on my granny square before going to bed tonight.

Today is my husband's birthday so I made Sesame Cookies to have with coffee when he got home from work.

Mix together 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1/4 cup of oil, 1/4 cup of tahini and 1/2 cup of sesame seeds then add 1 cup of flour, 1/2 tsp of baking powder and 1/2 tsp of vanilla.  Form into balls and bake.  Cool and roll in powdered sugar.

To be honest, I have never actually made them with sesame seeds.  I just crush up some walnuts and add them instead because that's usually what I have on hand.

Sweet wishes for a wonderful Wednesday.

9 comments:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Tammy,
Happy Birthday to your husband!
No doubt he loved his sesame cookies, baked by you.
Would you mind telling us readers for how long to bake and on what temperature?
THANKS!
Lovely images of your crochet work.
Big hugs from a very wet Georgia.
Mariette

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Beautiful crochet work. Your post made me smile at all the lovely things you have made. Wishing your husband a very Happy Birthday. The cookies sound awesome. Blessings always. :)

Wanda said...

Well Happy Birthday to your hubby. I pray this will be a great year for him. I love the cookies. We call them Sandie and the recipe is very similar. Usually make them for Christmas, but not this year.

Again, you handiwork is so lovely and original. Lots of love and talent there.

Have a great week....up and down those stairs..haha

Miss Merry said...

Happy Birthday to your husband!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Tammy, thank you so much for replying on my blog!
Big hugs,
Mariette

Betsy said...

Happy Birthday to your husband! I know I'm late. So sorry but I hope it was a wonderful day for him. I'm sure coming home to your cookies made him happy. I enjoyed seeing your crafts that your currently working on. Do you have a pattern for your beautiful hearts that you give away?
Wishing you a beautiful Thursday my dear Tammy.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Delighted Hands said...

As long as you are busy, a day off from the walk is allowed! I have been watching YouTube vids of rock tumbling and I thought that was what the glass of round, white things were--until I read about the cookies! lol I bet they were delicious!

Quinn said...

Happy birthday to your husband a bit belatedly! The cookies sound delicious - I love using tahini in things. I invented a quick summer dish that became a favorite last year: cooking a packet of ramen and mixing the noodles with tahini and sugar, then chilling. I sometimes added other things, but mostly not!

Angie said...

Belated Happy Birthday to your hubby!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...