Thursday, December 24, 2020

Just Another Day

Morning clouds and puddles of water were the telltale signs of the rain we had overnight.

 I finally went to the grocery story yesterday and got a nice, crusty baguette.  I toasted it under the broiler with some coconut oil, then slathered it with the homemade strawberry jam I received as a gift the other day.
It was really delicious!
Finished up the cross-stitch I was working on for Aruna and had a frame on hand that it fit in perfectly.  I used to always put my initials and the date on my stitchings but stopped doing it at some point.  Maybe because it's kinda hard to fit on most of the little projects I work on now.  But it's nice to put it on something a little bigger.  I have many framed pieces around here that I can look at, see the date, and remember what was going on when I made them.

Day 2 of my Moo Free calendar was a tiny chocolate with tiny stars.
You can see in the background the little stars I've crocheted.  I used some leftover cotton yarn that wouldn't have been enough for much else.
Pretty much an uneventful day here.  No one to see and nowhere to go.
I hope your are having an enjoyable Christmas Eve whatever it is you are up to.
Take care,

9 comments:

Dee said...

OH, it was an exciting day for us here ..... LOL We returned some unneeded house numbers to the hardware store and did Starbucks drive-thru for a latte.

Don't you wish you had my life? ROFL

Looking forward to a quiet evening, although we are expected wicked storms. So, it could be a busy night for Steve (fire dept.)

Lorrie said...

It's almost 1 pm here on the west coast. No one will be coming over and it will be just the two of us, but we will celebrate quietly. I know that Christmas is not celebrated all over the world, and I find myself wondering what I would do if living somewhere else. A quiet celebration of the heart, perhaps, and much going over memories in my mind. Wishing you joy, Tammy, for you bring much of it to others.

Mereknits said...

It sounds like a beautifully calm day, something I am seriously lacking these days. Happy Holidays dear Tammy.

Betsy said...

Delicious jam, beautiful cross-stitch and stars, blue skies. Much to be thankful for. Our day was very, very quiet too. We sorted through a few boxes in our storage unit, trying to consolidate some things. Watched some youtube videos and video chatted with Alex & Tara in London. He called on their stroke of midnight to wish us Merry Christmas and we talked 2 1/2 hours! I'm so grateful for that. All of us, (our kids and Dennis & I), have been chatting on Whats App all day. It's so much fun and allows all of us to have a conversation at one time. We are all on there every day and it allows us to be part of each others lives from every corner of the world.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas Tammy.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

Teresa Kasner said...

We had a busy day as our son and his family are in our "bubble" and came over for a turkey dinner and some family time around the tree. Photos on my blog tomorrow. LOL!
((hugs)), Teresa :-)

❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
*M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

Mini said...

Logged into blogger after a long gap and good to see you blogging regularly.
That cross stitch is lovely and I like the idea of adding a date.
P.S. how many frames did you buy in past years that you can always find one suitable in your stash :)

Serena Lewis said...

Lovely cross-stitch, Tammy! That baguette with strawberry jam looks delicious! :)

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Tammy,
LOVE your crocheted yellow stars with the tiny (!) piece of chocolate.
Your embroidery is so sweet in that frame and the year will be remembered.
No, it was not uneventful, you managed to create some lovely things for others and also to indulge moderately in something very special.
That picture is really magazine worthy!
Hugs,
Mariette

Angie said...

Tammy - your cross-stitch is lovely. I also date and initial all of my work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...