Friday, December 18, 2020

Balcony Scenes & Other Things

Bulbuls continue to provide daily entertainment.

And bees are busy.

The volunteer tomato plant that I posted about earlier has now flowered.
Sunflower seeds I planted months ago have finally formed buds and I'm hoping they will bloom soon.  (I planted lots of seeds but only a few actually sprouted.)
My rescue tortoise, Tofu, is still with us.  It's been 2 years and 9 months since I found him wandering one of the streets in our neighborhood.
A disappointing sight on my evening walk was this tiered cake that was dumped and has been sitting for days .
I decided to take a closer look this afternoon and realized it's a styrofoam base covered in frosting.  The only thing I can figure is that someone used it for a photo shoot and then dumped it.  What a waste!  And now it pollutes the environment.  People think that when they throw something away, it magically disappears.  But there is no away, it has to go somewhere and something like this will just hang around forever and a day in a landfill.
A Starbucks message from the trash heap.  :)

Happy Friday!

5 comments:

Dee said...

Awwwwwwww....I think I love little Tofu. He is adorable.

Teresa Kasner said...

What an oasis you're creating on your balcony! I love your rescue tortoise.. he's quite impressive. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Betsy said...

Oh Tofu is cute. I always love when you post photos of him. He seems pretty happy there on your balcony. I just don't understand what people are thinking with the trash. It seems like the height of irresponsibility to me.
Blessings,
Betsy

Serena Lewis said...

I can't stand litter-bugs! No excuse for this disrespect of the world around us, an even when it's closer to home. Shame on them!

WOW! I'm so happy to hear that you still have Tofu and he is obviously being looked after well. Good on you, Tammy!

I love to watch the birds that visit the bird-baths in our front and back gardens everyday. They make me smile. Those Bulbuls look like they'd be a real treat to watch. :)

Angie said...

Tammy - catching up on posts, so get ready for a bunch of comments (smile). Man, I would be so mad about that "cake". Isn't there trash pick-up, or at least some dumpsters to put things in? Grrr ....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...