Sunday, December 6, 2020

Cleaning Up and Comfort in a Bowl

 Good morning!

We had several thunderstorms roll through overnight and the last one had us laying towels around the sliding glass door in our bedroom at 3:30 a.m. this morning.  When strong winds blow rain in that direction, we always get a little leakage, but this time it was pouring in.
The curtains needed washing after this week of rain so I took them down and started the clean-up and drying out.
Had a big bowl of oatmeal for breakfast.  I just pour some oats in a bowl, add a dash of salt, a good sprinkling of cinnamon, a little bit of maple syrup and water, mix it around and heat in the microwave for a minute then top it with walnuts, frozen raspberries and flax meal.  Still have some soy milk to use up so added a splash of that, too.

I pretty much eat everything in a bowl, usually with a spoon (even salad, unless there's a lot of lettuce).
Lunch was leftovers from yesterday:  mixed vegetable coconut curry over rice with siracha and nutritional yeast on top.  I don't follow a recipe, just throw spices in until I get something I like.

(No bowl needed for dinner because I made homemade mini-pizzas.)

I thought we were supposed to see the sun today but it's just been dark and gloomy so I've stayed home.  Sunshine is predicted for tomorrow and the rest of the week and I am so ready for it.

Have a blessed day.

9 comments:

Mereknits said...

You are doing so wonderfully with your December post Tammy. I loved catching up with you today. All of those Cats are so lucky to have you looking after them. So sorry your friend is leaving, good friends are so hard to find. Hope you are doing well. Sending you a hug.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Tammy,
You are a practical no-nonsense lady that knows how to prepare some healthy meals.
We do the very same and actually I ate my 'spoon' salad yesterday, from a bowl. Great comfort food with mung beans and all sorts of greens, pink salmon and edible with a spoon! There are many varieties, also totally vegan.
Lovely photos and I'm sorry for the water entering your bedroom due to poorly installed French doors.
Hugs,
Mariette

Lorrie said...

Meals in bowls are easy and delicious. We had a vegetable stew with chickpeas, sweet potatoes, and tomatoes this week that was very good. I hope the week ahead is full of sunshine for you!

Wanda said...

Oh Tammy, I would love to have your crunch and fruit oatmeal. Looks so good. In fact, all your food made me drool. Hoping you have a excellent week! Love and Hugs

Betsy said...

Your oatmeal looks delicious. I've been trying to eat oatmeal for lunch every day, (no breakfast), because my cholesteral was high for the first time ever at my physical. Luckily, I really like oatmeal so it's not a hardship to eat it.
You're doing great with your everyday posting. Go Tammy!
Blessings,
Betsy

Maya Kuzman said...

We are having a rainy day today and yesterday there was a strong wind carrying a hint of snow, so that was a relief- it cleared the pollution for a bit. Honestly, I've been hoping for some snow this year. It will all do us a little (or more) good.

Kit said...

We are bowl buddies! I eat everything out of a bowl too...lol In fact I am up early today and eating Cream of Wheat with frozen blueberries and milk. So sorry about your big storm. That is no fun at 3:30 in the morning! Our weather has been sunny and very cold. I am hoping for some snow soon. Take care and have a great week! Kit

Linda said...

Enjoying reading your posts, Tammy and your food items look good.
Yesterday our evening meal was prepped all afternoon in the oven and eventually into the crockpot - a chicken stew dish with beans and other veggies - and we transported everything over to Sarah & Dakota's apartment, 1/2 hour away by car and up their three flights of stairs. It was a lovely Christmasy evening in their festively-decorated apartment.

Angie said...

Tammy - winter - perfect time for oatmeal!!! I know it is not as cold there ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...