Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Transformation Tuesday

 Whenever I walk, I'm always picking up trash, and sometimes I stick things in my tote bag that I think might be useful someday.

The green wire I found was easy to shape into a flower and then I used colorful chunky yarn to crochet around it.  For the center, I crocheted a circle and added a button which also hides the messiness of twisted wire underneath.

A spot I walk by all the time was so trashy for days on end that I finally decided to just clean it up myself which literally only took a minute.  

Transformation happens when you move from ideas to action in a deliberate way.
(Timothy J. Tobin)

Have a terrific Tuesday.

7 comments:

Rostrose said...

Dear Tammy,
your work of art made of found wire and colorful chunky yarn has become a real gem, ingenious and beautiful!
And you cleaned the dirty corner so wonderfully, perfect! :-) It's just a pity that the polluters probably don't even notice that someone has been cleaning after them... :-(
I also admired your sunflowers. Do you actually know that I am happy every day about your crocheted doily that you gave me years ago? It's still on my coffee table :-) And now I also became an avid crocheter...
All the best
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/04/marz-rückblick-bad-voslau-und-mein.html

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Tammy,
LOVE that flower around the wire with the button heart.
Clever solutions!
Oh, there is a Dutch saying: Geen woorden maar daden or: No words but deeds!
You live it out in an admirable and pleasant way.
Big hugs,
Mariette

Judy S. said...

Nice work on the cleanup as well as the clever use of the green wire!

Delighted Hands said...

I find the word kindness in the Bible has just that connotation~ Not just thinking kind thoughts but doing kind things!! You've done just that! I like collecting bits and bobs, too, cuz you never know!!! lol

Terra said...

You made a beautiful improvement and I praise your efforts. I pick up trash too, especially plastic trash where I live because the water lines (storm drains) lead directly to the ocean, and we do not want plastic in the ocean.

My Creative Life said...

Clever craft idea and after the clean up looks amazing. Let's hope that it stays clear. Cx

Angie said...

Tammy - we are picking up trash along the highway again this year, and so far the team has collected 86 large bags of garbage in less than 5 miles. It is discouraging to see so much human rubbish, but it sure feels good to see it clean!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...