Monday, April 4, 2022

Flower Power

 Stashbusting my yarn is always high on the list of things that I should do before I ever buy another skein, so with some cotton yarn I made a few sunflower coasters.  The pattern is from the blog Desert Blossom Crafts.

I still have some yarn left so will probably make a couple more to finish it all up.

The sunflowers here had their heyday in January/February but there are still lots of flowers in bloom, especially gazania linearis a/k/a treasure flower.  The bees really love it as you can see in the last collage below.


Flowers are the music of the ground
from earth’s lips spoken without sound. 
(Edwin Curran)

Happy new week.

11 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

I love your crochet sunflowers, pretty photos too
Happy Monday Kathy

Wanda said...

God creates the sunflower....and you create a perfect copy. Love your photos, beautiful camera work!! Here comes the Sun....enjoy!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Tammy,
Wow, what a happy and sunny looking post!
Guess it is because I love the color yellow for that reason.
Your crocheted sunflower coasters are so lovely.
And bees on the yellow flowers looks like a dream.
Also the quote is one I love; earth's lips is a beautiful way of expressing.
Big hugs,
Mariette

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your crocheted sunflowers are magnificent, Tammy. And all of the blooms are just as gorgeous. The weather is warming up here and I hope to see more blooms soon. Have a lovely day

Miss Merry said...

Your coasters are adorable!

Betsy said...

Those are gorgeous sunflowers that you made. In the photos, I've never seen a pink and white one before!
Have a lovely day Tammy and thanks for visiting my blog.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Sunflowers always make me smile. Thank you for the link to the coasters. Yours look lovely. Blessings Always

BECKY said...

Beautiful photos! My mother and older sisters tried to teach me how to crochet and knit when I was young, but I never got the hang of it. Most likely because I always made mistakes, got irritated and quit!

My Creative Life said...

They are amazing, I love them. So bright and cheerful, sunflowers are a real happy flower indeed. Cx

Angie said...

Tammy - a very appropriate time for sunflower coasters. Love your flower photos!

SusanLotus said...

Your new blog posts are so Lovely!
Gorgeous photos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...