Friday, April 22, 2022

No. 2 of the Peace CAL

 Well friends, I did try, but mosaic crochet is not for me.

The design is by Tinna Thorudottir Thorvaldar who is the queen of mosaic crochet.  You can find her on YouTube or on Instagram @tinnahekl 
Her work is truly incredible.
The YouTube tutorial she made was excellent.
My skills are not.

It does look the way it's supposed to; it's just not very neatly done.  The white yarn I used was too thin and hard to work with.

I may try again with better yarn but truthfully, the tutorial was an hour and a half so it obviously took way longer than that since I stopped and started and rewound it quite often.

I much prefer the satisfaction of quick and easy projects.

10 comments:

Dee said...

It sure is pretty though.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Tammy,
Guess I'm totally with you on this as I've never mastered that special art of mosaic crochet!
When it takes too long to figure it out, I have no patience...😉
Hugs,
Mariette

kathyinozarks said...

This piece turned out pretty though. Love your color combinations. always good to try something new, so you did good-hugs

Betsy said...

It really did turn out very pretty though. I have discovered that I'm very much a production crocheter/knitter, rather than process. I like to have a project completed relatively quickly. I don't think that mosaic crochet would be for me either. I made a baby blanket that had just a few things that had to be counted and yarn colors changed. I didn't enjoy it at all. Life is too short to do crafts, etc., that you don't enjoy.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Delighted Hands said...

How very pretty! The right yarn makes all the difference. I love a block that needs some thought!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

It really is beautiful!!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

You would probably love the Giant Granny Square...great mindless crochet and few ends to weave in...it's by Sandra at Cherry Heart.

Miss Merry said...

Very Pretty!

linda said...

Well done Tammy it really is lovely, mosaic does take longer but it's nice to try something different now and then. Have a great weekend. x

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I think it looks lovely. I have not worked the mosaic in the round before, just the flat one, and this looks very hard, but also very lovely. Blessings always :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...