Saturday, April 16, 2022

Found on the Ground

 I often find plastic curtain rings when I am out on my walks and when I do I always pick them up.Of course, I wash them when I get home, but once the crochet is added you'd never know they were meant for the trash.


I still need to add the finishing touches, like these I made in March.
Maybe I'll cross-stitch flowers this time.

Find a bag, fill a bag.
There's always plastic bags floating around so I'll grab it and fill it, then find the nearest trashcan.
When I was heading back towards home, I came across a pile of rubble with a pretty painted wooden bucket tossed on top so, of course, I grabbed it.  The wood is cracked at the bottom, but other than that, it's still definitely usable.
One man's trash is another (wo)man's treasure.

Happy Saturday!

9 comments:

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

I LOVE the little cross stitch hearts in the crocheted rings, just perfect!
Jillxo

Betsy said...

Love the bucket. It will certainly be useful in some way or another. What are those rings for? I love what they turn out to be. You are a guru at knitting unusual things.
Blessings,
Besty

Delighted Hands said...

Love the sentiment! You recycle beautifully!

Angie said...

Tammy - the city should pay you for your trash collection!!!!

linda said...

Indeed! I can't bear to throw anything out I have so much stuff I plan to revamp, I will get round it some day. Your curtain rings look fabulous, have a great Easter. x

Dee said...

You have inspired us to take bags when we go on walks. It is depressing how much trash is just tossed (or maybe blows off trashtrucks). But, I'm guessing most of it is thrown out the car window.

My Creative Life said...

You are so good tidying up. Sweet little crochet rings. Happy Easter x

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Tammy,
You transformed those rings in a wonderful way; magazine worthy!
That bucket you might as well turn around...
Hugs,
Mariette

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Love that you take the rings and crochet around them. How clever! They are so pretty. Love your new treasure bucket. So wonderful to be able to use something that was just gonna fill a landfill. Blessings always

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...