Saturday, December 1, 2018

A Creative Start

Today was the regular meet-up of my craft group.
Every other week we choose a different coffee shop to visit where we spend 2 hours crafting and chatting.
I was the first to arrive so finished up a few hearts for handing out.  They turned out to come in very handy ... as a mother passed by with her 4 children, she stopped to say how much she liked our work and that her two daughters would love to learn.  They were very young and no time to teach them, but was able to give them two hearts and they were all smiles.
 I often work on granny squares when we meet because I don't have to actually concentrate so much.
Jodie is doing a crochet-a-long called the Myriad CAL (top left); Mini from Minizdiary is knitting a scarf; a crocheted scarf by Aruna; and holiday finger puppets made by Silva who joined us for the first time today.
A nice afternoon walk with my husband to end the day.

Happy December!

11 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

This such a wonderful gathering-I envy all of you. we are moving out of the woods and on to the lake-I am hoping to join a fiber arts group near there.
Loved the photos of the projects-hugs Kathy

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

How wonderful that you have a group to crochet with! You mentioned granny squares and I love to crochet them for the same reason as you! I just got a pattern for a crocheted granny square cardigan that I have just started! Love the hearts!

Rostrose said...

Dearest Tammy,
that sounds like a good start to December! I like the idea of having a weekly meeting in different coffe shops, and the results of your meetings are great! I am particularly impressed by the pattern of the Myriad CAL - it reminds me of the beautiful mosaics in the Arabic culture, in the Alhambra in Spain or in India. A nice walk with the husband is a good end of the day.
Hugs my dear!
Traude
die Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2018/11/alpakas-in-der-wuste.html

Betsy said...

Tammy, you are just the most thoughtful person. I’m sure you made those two girls’ day by giving them the hearts. I enjoyed seeing the projects everyone is working on. The square is lovely. And I think I’ve made that same drop stitch scarf before. I’m hope you are having a lovely weekend my friend. Blessings, Betsy

busybusybeejay said...

How nice to meet up like that.I bet the two little girls were thrilled and hopefully you have inspired them.Barbarax

Melanie said...

How lovely to get together with friends for coffee, chat and crafting!

Teresa Kasner said...

Oh I do love you taking us along to your knitting/crochet/crafting group. It's fun to see the different projects. I can tell you are enjoying your cooler weather.

*********************************************
*H*A*P*P*Y* * *H*O*L*I*D*A*Y*S*!*!*!*
*********************************************

((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Maya Kuzman said...

Great meet up Tammy and I must tell you that your fabric necklace from last post is divine! I just remembered that I got carried away with the wonderful restaurant interior and amazing food and completely forgot to praise that little treasure! Pity you showed us just a glimpse :) We want to see more of it!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Tammy,
Lovely collection of crafts you show and the finger puppets are very cute and colorful.
No doubt the girls were happy with the hearts!
Hugs,
Mariette

Linda said...

Looks like a wonderful day from start to finish. :)

Angie said...

What more could you want? Crafty girl time and then a walk with your husband under glorious skies ..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...