Friday, December 28, 2018

Lunch in the City

My husband's lunch plan was to go into the city to a restaurant that was his dad's favorite (although one I have never been too keen on).  When we got there, a sign on the door read "we apologize for the inconvenience ..."
Turns out, the restaurant had closed for good as of December 23rd.

Darn!  :)
Plan B.
We walked across the highway to an area of old homes that were turned into restaurants many years ago (definitely more to my liking).
We decided to dine at V10 (Villa 10 Restaurant) for Lebanese food.
Lentil soup, fattoush and hummus trio with bread.
So very yummy and filling.
While waiting for our food, I did what I always do.
CROCHET!
(Even our waiters commented on it.)
The tree outside was the perfect spot for a heart.
An unexpected detour, but a nice little afternoon outing.
 
 
Happy Friday!

7 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

A lovely day!
I haven't made lentil soup in years and we always loved it-gotta make some now.
I love your heart sharing-so sweet-I need to come up with some little quilted ones as I don't knit or crochet
enjoy your weekend hugs Kathy

Betsy said...

It sounds like it was a wonderful meal. I’m glad you found a new restaurant and your lunch looks delicious. What does your husband think of you crocheting in public? Dennis is so used to the questions and comments, that he just sits there and smile‘s. I love the pretty heart that you hung, it is sure to brighten someone’s day. Many blessings, Betsy

Teresa Kasner said...

What a fun turnabout that you get to try a new restaurant! I also wondered if your husband enjoys your crochet and those who inquire about it. Mine is definitely okay with my handwork, but I usually only do it while volunteering or in hospital waiting rooms or during travel. A blanket is too big to haul to a restaurant.. that's why I should learn to make your adorable little hearts! Might you put the pattern on your next blog post? Then I could carry a little ball of yarn and crochet hook like you do!

*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
  *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Serena Lewis said...

I hope your husband wasn't too disappointed with his Dad's favourite restaurant closing for good. At least he has good memories. The food at Villa 10 looked delicious!

Your crochet heart looks lovely on the tree!

It looks like you had a lovely time out...great pics, as always. :)

Susan said...

Awwww, Tammy, leaving that blue heart on the tree was just so special. It's amazing you can crochet that quickly. I love Lebanese food and your lunch sounded yummy. Susan

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Tammy,
That indeed was a 'Darn' moment as you got there just a couple of days too late!
But the Lebanese restaurant you selected looked very yummy in their food selection on your plate.
You added the perfect color heart.
The next Friday will be even more special...
Hugs,
Mariette

Angie said...

I love a happy ending, especially when it's for you! What a coincidence that your yarn color seemed to fit in with the color scheme of the tree!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...