Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Beauty After the Chaos

 I am so glad the long holiday weekend for National/Liberation Days is over.
Unfortunately, the celebratory debris remains.

It is flowers that should be dotting the landscape -- not shredded balloons and trash.
Plalking (picking up litter while walking)
With everyone back in school and at work, I took an extra long walk to make up for 2 days of sitting at home.
It has been awhile since I wandered the neighborhood -- mostly I've been sticking closer to home.
There are certain homes where I know I can count on seeing beautiful flowers at this time of year.
The world has enough beautiful mountains and meadows, spectacular skies and serene lakes. It has enough lush forests, flowered fields, and sandy beaches. It has plenty of stars and the promise of a new sunrise and sunset every day. What the world needs more of is people to appreciate and enjoy it.
(Michael Josephson)
Have a terrific Tuesday!

10 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh my, you did a lovely job bringing us a "bouquet" What lovely flowers..they certainly are a lot nicer than that trash. Thank you for picking it up. You are a treasure!!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I do so enjoy your posts and your photos--I love love hollyhocks and you took some wonderful photos of them--thanks--
and I appreciate the fact that you pick up trash and feed the kitties--thanks--
hugs and blessings from the USA--di

Susan said...

Such darling flowers, Tammy. They are MUCH better than debris in the streets. That was good you could get out for a walk. I look forward to flowers in spring, after the snow melts and temps climb upwards again. But it will be awhile before that happens here. I love your outlook on the world around you. Hope the rest of your week is filled with good things. Susan

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Tammy,
What a joy to view these images while in pain.
Now on day 8 after being T–boned by a car... The swelling went down but because of the 'draining' no rest.
I feel exhausted and Pieter is so aggressive because I disturb his night rest, day or nap or reading time.
Not easy to survive all this without any painkillers.
Tomorrow a dear friend will help me get dressed and into her car for driving one hour to Ortho GA in Macon for my shoulder MRI—hoping it is not as bad as it felt on Thursday.
My left leg hurst since Saturday and one wound still is bleeding. The fractures are the least painful in both legs. My cracked ribs also hurt when breathing deep, sneezing or having a little hiccup.
Hugs and enjoy the beauty—regardless of the trashing people... Loved seeing that kitty, they love you!
Mariette

Miss Merry said...

Thank you for sharing the lovely flowers!

I'm sorry that people cannot pick up after themselves. I don't think they paid much attention when they were children.

Delighted Hands said...

Oh, the flowers are a much better priority for landscaping! Thanks for sharing all of them-I recognize most of them!

handmade by amalia said...

I'm with you - flowers beat balloons every time.
Amalia
xo

Betsy said...

This is such a beautiful post Tammy. I can almost feel the delight in your "voice" as you photograph the pretty flowers for us. I appreciate all you do to make your corner of the world a better place by picking up all of the litter. It's unfortunate that others don't take note of it. I hope your day is a wonderful one.
Blessings,
Betsy

Quinn said...

So much color!! This is the sort of post that makes me order more zinnia seeds :)

Angie said...

Tammy - I can see I have a lot of catching up to do on your blog! Lovely flowers, and so glad you were able to find beauty (and not trash) on your walks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...