Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Hello March

Flowers and colors everywhere,
I am so glad that March is here.
(Anamika Mishra)

This morning I read a post by Di at Quilting is Blissful in which she mentioned having lunch with a friend at the beach.  There's beach front all around me, just a hop, skip and a jump away -- but it's not a place I often go.  Since my husband keeps telling me I need to drive my car (and our mechanic suggested at least once a week so that the tires and battery don't go bad again), I decided to head seaside for a walk.
A pretty blue sky always makes me happy and beautiful flowers planted along the parking area were a colorful surprise.

I probably should go to the beach more often -- especially before the heat arrives.  It's already getting warmer and by next week we will reach 80 F during the day.  

I gotta get as many walks in as I can while the weather is still good.
One of the reasons I've hated going to the beach is because there was always a ton of garbage.  It's better now, but of course, there's always something to be picked up.  
Spotted some balloons floating around so grabbed them and popped them with a shard of glass then picked up the pieces and placed them in a trash can.  There are loads of trash cans along the boardwalk but some people just can't bother themselves to use them.

Sending wishes your way for a happy new month.
Have a wonderful day.

10 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Really nice beach photos--(I did take a couple on my cell phone--but haven't figured out yet how to get them into my email box!!!! I did know how--till they did an update on my phone and changed everything!!!)
I am ready for another beach time myself--and I just don't understand why people and smokers think they can drop their trash wherever--it just makes no scents to me--I even put my little wrapper from lifesavers in my pocket and throw it away when I get home--no body else does--!!!
take care keep blogging and make it to the beach once a week!! oh I had to buy my flowers today--2 little pots of pansies-
hugs, di

Mrs. Micawber said...

It looks so nice and warm! And those flowers are so cheery. I'm sorry to hear about the litter, but so it is around the world. Good to know that it's improving somewhat there.

Enjoy your beach walks!

Miss Merry said...

I spend a lot of time thinking about going outside when the weather is nice, but I don't always do it. Thank you for your cleanup efforts. What a lovely beach!

Betsy said...

I didn't realize that you live close to a beach. I adore the beach. I'm not a swimmer but the sound of the waves rolling onshore is like music to my ears. Thank you yet again, for your cleanup efforts all around you.
Blessings,
Betsy

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy March, Tammy. The area where you live is so beautiful and how wonderful to have the beach so close to visit. I think it is wonderful that you help keep your surroundings lovely by picking up after others . So sad you have to do such things but I am sure appreciated.

pelinpembesi said...

I am reading your posts with interest. hugs from Turkei!

Quinn said...

How nice to have the beach as an option! I've always loved visiting the ocean during "off" times, such as Not Summer. Still fantasize about a job as live-in lighthouse keeper or nature sanctuary caretaker.
p.s. Tammy, did you see my wood chip "heart" post and message on Sunday? I tried to surprise you, but I'm not very good at it :)

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Tammy,
Indeed enjoy your beach walks while the weather is pleasant!
Wish I could walk or bike...
Hugs,
Mariette

Delighted Hands said...

Maybe a trip to the beach is just what I need to get me out of the doldrums....
I would enjoy looking at the pretty rocks and collecting some for the rock tumbler! lol
Beautiful flowers and beach photos!

Angie said...

Tammy - I have so many things on my list of things I would like to do/should do - and just as many excuses as to why I haven't! Glad you got to the beach and it was better than you expected!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...