Sunday, February 26, 2023

Another Kind of Trip

 A trip around the sun.
Yep, today's my birthday.

Before turning 50, I felt like I was reaching a very big milestone, but now at 57, I know I'm still relatively young :) even if my body doesn't always agree.

Today is also Kuwait's Liberation Day and after what happened yesterday, I am hiding out at home.
Construction of The Kuwait Telecommunications Tower was started before the Iraqi invasion occurred  on August 2, 1990. It was only halfway done at the time but received no damage during the 6 month  invasion and so was completed after liberation in 1991; thus, the name was changed to the Liberation Tower.  Apparently it's the 2nd tallest building in Kuwait and one of the 50 tallest in the world.  But, honestly, I don't much care about tall buildings.

I'd rather see tall trees.
So let's throw it back to this day last year, in Colombo -- where our friends always spoil me on my birthday.
Seven birthdays have been spent in Sri Lanka and I hope there will be more to come.

This year, I'm hiding from the hooligans.

Sunday blessings.

11 comments:

Linda said...

Happy birthday, enjoy your special day.

Susan said...

Oh Tammy, I am so sorry that water bottle incident happened to you. The hooligans were really mean and thoughtless. Why would anybody DO that? Gee whiz. There really are some cruel people in our world. aren't there? So when is your birthday? I lose track. Hope you stay safe and comfy inside. You know what? My former swimming instructor was from Sri Lanka! He has since moved away from this area in the north western part of the state and we miss him very, very much. It sounded like a lovely place. You are lucky to have been able to visit there. Take care, Tammy. And Happy Birthday, even though I'm not sure when it is. Sincerely, Susan

Maya Kuzman said...

Happy birthday Tammy! Continue to be bright and shining and thank you for your efforts to make this world a better place! The world needs more people like you! Hugs!

Miss Merry said...

Happy Birthday Tammy!

Those pictures show an amazing party and some special friends. I would hide out, too. Those meanies need to turn their lives around. Better wait to celebrate when they go back to work or where ever they came from.

I remember when I thought 50 was OLD. Now I am in my 60's and I feel like that is the new middle-aged, lol. Well, some days. Some days I still feel elderly.

Happy Birthday!

Betsy said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Tammy! Many happy returns of the day of your birth!
I hope you don't have any lasting bruises from that water bottle incident. You are such a bright spot in the world. I feel awful that you were hurt and now cooped up, unable to go out and celebrate your special day.
Wishing you lots of love and laughter today.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

My Creative Life said...

Happy Birthday Tammy, I'm glad that you enjoyed your celebrations with your loved ones. Take care. Cathy x

Angie said...

Tammy - happy birthday! So sorry that you have to spend it hiding out, but I am glad that you have memories of pleasant birthdays gone by! It's always so nice to be spoiled for a day (or two)!

Happy@Home said...

I hope you had a very Happy Birthday, Tammy. From where I sit 57 seems young.

Delighted Hands said...

Belated happy birthday! I hope you get to take a walk today safely in one of your parks!

Wanda said...

Happy Birthday Tammy ~ Loved the pictures. And YES, 57 is what I call "teenage" since I will celebrate 82 on May 1st. But it's how you feel inside that counts. We all have some aches and pains. But blessed to wake up and have another day.

I pray you will have many more happy years!

Dee said...

Happy belated birthday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...