Friday, February 24, 2023

Granny Square Love

 Even though I have been told I should expand my crochet horizons, I will never tire of making granny squares and am happy when I find new ways of using them.

In October, we were visiting the family of my husband's friend to congratulate their daughters on their recent college graduations.  He bought pens, I bought journals.  And then crocheted gift bags for them out of thick cotton yarn.

I always save paper or tissue that comes in boxes so always have some on hand for gift wrapping.
The girls were very happy and surprised to receive something handmade.

Have also been making small granny bags for future gift giving -- some of which have already been given away.
It's been exactly a month since my last post.  So easy to miss a day, and then several days and then procrastination sets in and weeks go by.  Since iCloud keeps telling me I need to upgrade storage on my phone, it's time to start transferring photos and deleting all the ones I no longer need.

More random posts to come. :)

Happy Friday!

11 comments:

Betsy said...

What a wonderful idea Tammy! I adore those gift bags, both the large and small ones. Including a heart was a sweet idea too and I love the cord with the beads on it. A brilliant idea. The bags can easily be re-used for many things. I'm thinking of when I travel. Keeping smaller things together would be great.
It was great to see a post from you this morning.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Tammy,
What lovely gift bags you crocheted.
Yes, they become instantly very unique 'boutique style' gifts with a huge touch of LOVE. They will never forget that.
Sending you hugs,
Mariette

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Love your gift bags! I am with you, granny squares are awesome. They always make me smile, too. Blessings always. :)

linda said...

I never tire of granny squares, those bags are lovely. x

My Creative Life said...

Lovely crochet, I love the crochet bags, great Idea. I'm just getting back to blogging again. It's good to catch up with you again. Take care, Cathy x

Wanda said...

What a wonderfully clever and darling idea. How very special your gift wrap is! How thrilled the one who will receive them.
I hope you never tire of making those darling granny squares!!!

Delighted Hands said...

What a very pretty gift bag!!! I am making some granny squares right now! fun.

Linda P said...

Your beautifully crocheted gift bags must give the receivers much pleasure. I like the the colour combinations and the draw strings with beads on them. Saved tissue paper is a good idea to wrap up each one. You crochet with love Tammy. All the best.

susan q said...

Love your granny bags! I too squirrel away tissue paper and even buy it. Here's an idea (though I'm certain you don't need any) for a granny bag, incorporate a heart motif in the center. I recently learned how to crochet a heart and have used it in afghans and scarves. Love the beads. Keep sharing your projects♥

Quinn said...

I love your crochet projects, and what a lovely and thoughtful gift idea! No doubt the lucky recipients will treasure their gifts long after the graduation is a faint memory.
Looking forward to more "random posts" from your photograph organizing :)

Angie said...

Tammy - what an innovative way to use your granny squares. I think most people are touched to receive something handmade since it is a rarity these days!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...