Friday, January 10, 2020

Friday Results

More tomato blossoms appeared overnight.
My balcony garden isn't huge but there's enough variety to bring the bees and keep them busy.
We walked to lunch today and had nice blue skies on the way.
Potato samosa, vegetable biryani and bhindi masala.
Cloudy skies on the walk back.
And now for the results of Wednesday's dyeing workshop.
The left is a reminder of what my dye bundle looked like at the end of the workshop.
And on the right is the result after two day's of drying.  The yellow parts seemed to have faded away.
Not at all what I expected but it's pretty and I like it.
Thought I might make a pillow with it, but now I'm not sure.  Will have to think on it a bit.
Have a fabulous Friday!

9 comments:

Lorrie said...

What beautiful skies and flowers, including the tomato blossom! And the bees! How I love seeing them about their work. Your dyeing experiment turned out well. I did some indigo dyeing a few years ago and realized that fabrics and dyes do their own thing a lot of the time. It's fun to participate in the process.

Betsy said...

That blue sky is so gorgeous. Almost purple, it's so blue. Your scarf is so pretty. How interesting that the yellow all but went away. You are a woman of many talents Tammy. It will be fun to hear what you decided to do with it.
Blessings,
Betsy

Maya Kuzman said...

Oh, I like how it turned out! And quite surprised to see the yellow has blended!

Teresa Kasner said...

I love how your tie-dye turned out and it would make a lovely pillow cover! Your meal looks delish.. hubby is planning to make a teriyaki chicken and rice one pot meal. I hope he hurries.. I'm hungry! LOL! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Sam I Am...... said...

Your photos are beautiful and that food looks mighty good! I love how it turned out...very interesting!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Tammy,
That is quite a change from wet to dry and the dye has kind of set in and created some dark spots too. Surprising indeed.
Hugs,
Mariette

handmade by amalia said...

I enjoyed this post, Tammy, such lovely photos. Love your plants, so nice that the bees do as well.
Amalia
xo

Serena Lewis said...

I always love your food pics....so delicious-looking!

Well done on the tie-dying...it turned out lovely! :)

Jodiebodie said...

Congratulations on your successful dying. The results are very pretty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...