Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Birds on the Collar

We hadn't heard a warning siren since around the third week of July, but at 1:15 a.m. this morning it went off.  For some reason, the gov't changed the way it sounds without warning anyone and I swear it was more ominous than anything happening around us.  I read comments under the post of a news outlet here and seems everyone was saying the same thing.  Of course, my husband wouldn't know because he slept through it. 

In May I posted about an old striped shirt I was adding cross-stitch to ... 
I started with the pocket ... and since then, have added two small birds to the collar.
There's no pocket on the right side of the shirt so I might add a bigger motif there but that's still to be determined.

(Both motifs are from the digital library of Palestinian embroidery found at tirazain.com.)

4 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

How pretty and clever , Tammy. I would have never thought of adding cross stitch to a shirt. I really like it.

Veronica Lee said...

That siren must have been unnerving -- amazing how sound alone can stir up such dread.
And your hubby sleeping through it all, typical!
I really like how you’re transforming that shirt -- love the birds on the collar.

Betsy said...

I do like the embroidery. It's always surprising how such a small thing can add so much character and beauty.
I heard about the attacks on Kuwait yesterday and immediately thought of you. I'm glad that you're okay and know that I pray for you daily. I wish it would all just stop and people would get along. Silly of me. I know that's never happened in the history of the world and it won't stop as long as us humans are around.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Delighted Hands said...

Good job on the embroidery! I'm sure the siren was shocking, especially at that time of the morning!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...