Tuesday, September 1, 2026

A Bookmark and Books Read

 In May when the weather was still somewhat bearable for being outdoors, I sat at the park and stitched a repeating motif called Tiles of Bethlehem (pattern is from the digitial archive of Palestinian embroidery at tirazain.com).
The stitching was complete but it was only last month that I finally turned it into a bookmark by attaching a felt back with blanket stitching.
July was not a good month as is reflected in my lack of time and focus for reading.
However, June and August were a different story with 10 books read in both months.
Some are books I've had for years, some were given to me by my friend, Susanna, and some were free e-books.
In the past 8 months, I've read a total of 48 books which is pretty good, I think.

Do you like to read?

5 comments:

Miss Merry said...

I think 48 books read is amazing! It is a beautiful bookmark.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Such a pretty stitch , Tammy. I like working on repeated motifs; they are relaxing. Your bookmark finish is wonderful with the pretty blanket stitch. Wow 48 books that is fabulous!

handmade by amalia said...

I read a lot. And I enjoyed looking at your books, a very eclectic mix. I'm curious about the Colson Whitehead book. I've had it on my pile for a while now and I understand that it is already a trilogy.
Amalia
xo

Anonymous said...

I love to read - and crochet! I'm curious, which books were your favorites?

Betsy said...

That is a LOT of books. I love to read too but have trouble finding the time anymore. The quilt bookmark is lovely. The blanket stitch sets it off perfectly.
Blessings,
Betsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...