Monday, August 31, 2026

Farewell August and Hello Again

 It's been more than two months since my last post.  A lot was happening all about the same time which caused a lot of stress and grief for awhile, but now that things are somewhat calmer, I feel like I can breathe again.
It's been about a month and a half since my last real walk outdoors.  Summers are harsh and whether I walk in the morning or evening, the temperature is still over 100 F.
However, I decided it was time to at least start with a 15 minute walk, so that's what I did Saturday evening; and after making the choice to walk yesterday morning and winding up with a terrible headache the rest of the day, realized a quick evening walk is about the best I can do right now. 
Some people walk at the malls during the summer, but I'm not a fan of malls for shopping, so the idea of driving there for walking doesn't much entice me.

August is the month of mugginess which adds another layer of discomfort, but who am I to complain when there's been drought, wildfires, heat waves and flash flooding in so many places.
Not to mention all the man-made chaos and destruction.
Sometimes it's hard to make sense of it all.

I hope this finds you doing well.

5 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Welcome back. One step at a time. The heat has been opressive this summer.

Betsy said...

I'm SO glad to see you post and to get your email. I was very worried about you and prayed for you often. As in every day. I'm glad you're okay but take care in that heat. We've had horribly hot weather this summer too.
We just arrived in Spokane this afternoon at the RV park. We'll be here a month! It will be so good to see all of our friends here. The mountains of Montana and Idaho were beautiful this afternoon as we drove here. Blue, blue sky.
Please take care of yourself. I'll continue praying for you and for all that is happening in the world. It seems every day we hear of something else.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

Stara vrtlarica said...

It's too hot here in the evenings. It's only possible to walk early in the morning, mostly in the yard.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

It is so nice to see you back, Tammy. Lovely photos from your walk. It has been hot here too which makes getting outside a challenge. Do take care. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs.

Delighted Hands said...

I am looking forward to walking outside again--without the heat and humidity, too. Nice to hear from you--keep well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...