Saturday, September 28, 2019

Crafting at Kamikaze

Another crafty Saturday morning with Kuwait Crafters at yet another new cafe.
The interesting thing about this complex is that it is made out of shipping containers.
There were 7 of us this morning, crocheting, knitting and cross-stitching.

The cafe gave us complementary cookies which was a nice surprise.
And Zhraa gifted everyone with a sweet little crocheted pumpkin. 
So cute with their twiggy little stems.
We really liked the decor of the cafe and the fact that there was lots of natural light.

Susanna finished off her Fair Isle knitted fisherman's kep with a tassel.
Such amazing knitwork.
She also recently attended a KTAA workshop where she learned Japanese folded patchwork.
I'm terrible at sewing but this might be something I could actually do.
Yesterday I tried the tulip stitch so that's what I'm working on using different cotton yarns.
 Have a few ideas of what I can do with this pattern.
(The souvenir fridge magnet was a gift from another member from her summer travels.)

Have a good Saturday,

13 comments:

Mereknits said...

IT looks like a wonderful morning Tammy. Enjoy your weekend.

crafty cat corner said...

I love those cute little pumpkins, especially the stalks, lol
Briony
x

Quinn said...

We are never going to run out of new skills to learn, are we, Tammy? That idea makes me kind of happy :)

Betsy said...

Such beautiful projects. I would have a difficult time choosing my favorite...but those little pumpkins are the sweetest thing. I love the little stems.
I always enjoy when you share your craft group meet-ups. I wish I could find another one nearby. Maybe someday, meanwhile I enjoy all of your friends projects. :-)
Blessings,
Betsy

Teresa Kasner said...

I love your group get-togethers for crafting and fellowship. What a fun place made out of shipping containers! Good way for re-purposing. I love the tulip crochet.. I look forward to seeing what you end up using that design!
((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Linda P said...

Another lovely post about the places you and your friends meet and share your crafting projects. Interesting to know about the construction of the building. The décor is attractive.
Love all the different makes and your own tulip stitching. I must find out more about how to do that. I'm still crocheting a large blanket that I've been doing for a few months now. Wishing you a peaceful week ahead.

kathyinozarks said...

You are all so talented! love those cute pumpkins

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Tammy,
What a wonderful meeting that was again and you ladies are all so talented.
Sweet gift from Zhraa those twiggy pumpkins.
Artful, all of your photographs and how cute that tulip stitch!
Hugs,
Mariette

Linda said...

Very cute! I love the pumpkins and your crochet work is lovely. I've been thinking about during the winter months, trying to learn a new crochet stitch, since I only know the basics and I'm thinking Youtube will offer some good examples since I don't plan to be a part of any crafting group, and Youtube is great for training videos (Jim's even used it in the past to fix things on his cars). :)

It's a humid-hot Monday here but cool days are coming... or so "they" say.
Kind regards,
Linda

P.S. I don't read blogs much anymore since retirement because I'm hardly ever on my computer.

Mini said...

Some really beautiful projects there.
Is this the same complex they had been building since 2016? I wanted to take my brother there when he visited in Feb 2017 ;)

Angie said...

Tammy - natural light is so important when crafting … I recently bought a stronger pair of glasses to wear only when I am stitching in dim light with no other option. Love the Fair Isle hat - that's a complicated pattern and it looks so professional. And your tulip stitch is adorable!

Angie said...

P.S. I like the fact that the café (re)used shipping containers for construction!

Derya said...

Hi Tammy, The building complex is interesting, it is nice that you constantly discover new places in handicraft meetings, patcwork looks very enjoyable, the Japanese are very patient and determined about it. I love the tulip pattern. Pumpkin braids are also great. Best crafts.. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...