Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Proper Thank You's

First off, I don't think I ever properly thanked Sam from farmgirlsam for the very pretty and very colorful knitted washcloth she sent last year.  I love it!

And a couple of weeks ago, I received a beautiful handmade card and tatting from Briony of crafty-cats-corner.  She was a part of my pay-it-forward post from December 2012.  I will definitely be framing the card as it is too pretty to use.

 Now today, I received a package from Tanya at Bead and Needle.  I was one of the winners in her giveaway for the Grow Your Blog party hosted by Vicki at 2 Bags Full.
 Inside was a lovely soldered necklace made by talented Tanya with images by Edward S. Curtis and beads of AZ turquoise.
It is such a unique and wonderful piece and I do love jewelry.
Apparently today while I was sitting in my windowless office we had a huge sand storm roll through that lasted for about 30 minutes.  By the time I got home, although still gusty, it had mostly cleared, with blue skies to the east and haze to the west.  We haven't had a dust storm in a while so I guess it was about time.

Thank you again Sam, Briony and Tanya for your wonderful gifts.
Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday!

14 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

I was a bit worried that it had not arrived but glad you liked it.
Sand storms sound horrible, but short lived.
By the way, loved the pictures of Jingle the other day.
Briony
x

Maya Kuzman said...

You've been heavenly pampered by your friends and oh my.. what precious gifts!

GardenOfDaisies said...

What beautiful gifts from your friends!

Betsy said...

Goodness you've had a lot of pretty gifts sent your way. What lovely friends you've made online. It's funny that there could be a sandstorm and you were completely unaware of it. That's the way to experience one I'm thinking. :-)
Blessings,
Betsy

Sam I Am...... said...

I was surprised to see the washcloth....I couldn't imagine what it was pictured for on your blog. I'm sure you thanked me and really it was thank you to you for the lovely crocheted one you sent me! LOL! I use yours all the time and people are right...once you use those homemade ones that is all you want to use. They're better than microfiber! Ha! Ha! I loved your other gifts....your other friends are really talented! I loved the tatting; something I've always wanted to learn and the jewelry was awesome. I love those images. And yes, even if I don't stop by like you said...you are always in my thoughts and you are lots busier than I am! My only excuse is I'm old and slow! Take care sweetie and glad you liked the cloth.

Susan said...

Hi Tammy....Love the photo with the rays of the sun coming through the clouds. Beautiful. Isn't it wonderful to receive things from friends in blogland? Susan

Wanda said...

What lovely gifts. I had to smile at the knitted dishcloth as that is the only thing I know how to knit, and I've made so many over the last months, and given almost all away. Now I'm make some in Spring colors to add to the Family Easter Baskets I make each year for our four adult children and families.

Simple Home said...

I've missed visiting with you Tammy, and seeing your wonderful view of the world. So nice to be back. Nice gifts that you've received from your friends far and wide :)
Blessings,
Marcia

Createology said...

How do the days pass so quickly that I missed your recent posts. I like busy days yet I don't like missing my favorite blogs. Your gifts are wonderful. Our blogging community is such a talented and generous group of creative souls. Blessings Dear...

Quinn said...

Oooh, what lovely gifts!! :)

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Tammy,
You received some lovely necklaces, very unique and you can wear them with pride.
Those tatted pieces are made with hours of labor of love I can tell. I've never managed to learn that, wish I had been more serious at that time when the nuns 'TRIED' hard to teach me...
Hugs,
Mariette

Tanya said...

You are obviously well loved by many...love that washcloth, and adore tatting, lucky girl! Hope your weekend is wonderful, Tammy...XOXOXO

Diane said...

So many nice things.
A windowless office could be very dreary but in that case maybe it was good you didn't know about the dust storm? Diane

Teresa Kasner said...

Wow, you're a winner if I ever saw one! Love the necklaces. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...