Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Mini Souk at the Movenpick

Entrance to the hotel where the British Ladies Society had a mini-souk before their monthly meeting.


I bought some homemade sweet treats. Money went to charity for Operation Hope and support of a school in Mali. Sugar cookies and carrot cookies with cream cheese frosting. Yummo!

Quilted hearts made by volunteers in Kuwait who donate them to Operation Hope.

Handmade cards from Mali and notecards with scripture on the backside.

Teacher cards for Christmas.

A frame decorated with seashells (how ironic that it has the same quote I've been cross-stitching lately).

And pillow covers from India.

I feel like I took a trip around the world in that quick little shopping spree! Hope all is well in your little corner of the world! Peace & blessings, Tammy

6 comments:

Vicki said...

I enjoyed seeing all the treasures at the mini-souk. You are right, it was like a world-wide marketplace and for such a good cause, too. Have a terrific rest of the week! Vicki

Bunnym said...

Killing two birds with one stone. Good cause and gifts to give away. Love the pillow covers...they would work well in my living room...lol

tootles,
bunny

Anonymous said...

I don't remember you telling me about this little souk to help Operation Hope. What wonderful things people have made, and what a great cause. You have come across some wonderful people, and I hope your the efforts of Operation Hope help all the people in this world that never have enough of the good things in life. Great pictures!!

Renee

Elaine said...

Tammy these are very pretty things...would love to shop with you

GwendolynKay said...

Looks like you bought so many great things. I will have a carrot cookie with the cream cheese frosting please! Ha! :)

Lynn said...

I just love shopping when the money goes to a good cause don't you? Lovely gifts you found too, must have been a lot of fun :)
Thank you for dropping by my blog btw.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...