Saturday, October 24, 2009

BOO to you!

PEEKABOO! I see you!


Last nite Jingles was hiding behind a computer bag that was next to a bookshelf in the kids bedroom. She likes to hide and then grab people when they walk by! :)
Who doesn't eat cereal? Do you like to recycle? Go to notsoidlehands.blogspot.com for a tutorial on changing cereal boxes into gift totes.

I did this one in a few minutes. But I am so excited to know that I can recycle and make something of use -- from a cereal box! We always have cereal. I always give gifts. I used a shiny wrapping paper on this one for Halloween, but will play around with different types of paper in the future.

When I was in the kitchen tonite washing dishes, I saw a glow from the window so ran to my bedroom balcony to snap this picture.

"If I can put one touch of rosy sunset into the life of any man or woman, I shall feel that I have worked with God." (G.K. Chesterton)
Hope everyone is having a Super Sunday! Peace & blessings, Tammy

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sunbeam is beautiful!! It looks like a picture postcard....
Love,
Marilyn

Sharon said...

I just love little Jingles! What a cutie. It must be hard getting your art supplies, and no fun without a Hobby Lobby, Michaels or Joann's! Happy birthday to Zack today and have a great week!
Sharon :-)

Anonymous said...

I would love to know that is going through Jingles' head. She is SUCH a funny cat. I still think Garfield is looking for her so she can be his "better half". Your pumpkins are awesome. Love the ideas you come up with. I am pretty sure it will make a great impression on whoever is lucky enough to get the gift from you!!

Really pretty picture of the Kuwaiti sky. Yesterday was cloudless and beautiful. Today it looks like it could pour any minute. BOO!! Good thing I don't have too many places to go today!!

Thinking of you,
Renee

GwendolynKay said...

You are becoming the recyle queen! Good job! The sunset is lovely. God's beauty can be found everywhere... but we must be willing to see it... I am sure I will need you to remind me of this, once winter here becomes so cold and grey. Blessings dear cousin!
Gwen

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Great recycling idea Tammy! I love to save the cereal boxes and cut out the side sheets to use as card/tag backing. Cereal boxes give just the right sturdiness.
I'm going to have to try making a gift box before I cut the next one up!!!
everything vintage

June said...

Tammy I just love the cereal box turned gift tote so much. What a great idea!
Thank you for bringing us such a beautiful sky from your part of the world.
Hugs,
June

Anne Lorys said...

Jingles reminds me of Winnie, she loves to stalk and attack our legs as we walk by. Nifty recycled trick or treat basket!
All the best,
Anne

Unknown said...

I love this last image. It is gorgeous! The suns rays coming through is wonderful.
Xo,
Tammy

Melissa said...

Sorry I haven't posted but I've been having computer problems. How cute it is that you catch Jingles in her element. It never ceases to amaze me the things you decide to recycle and make into something so crafty. Yes, the last image is beautiful and wouldn't guess you were in Kuwait by looking at it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...