Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Challenge Complete (or so I thought)

One of the local craft supply stores hosted a 30 day art challenge that started on March 23rd.
The goal was to be creative with a prompt a day, 
I made it through day 8 but then got some news that made me feel quite anxious so dropped the ball on the whole thing until my friend, Aruna, sent me a link on the 15th of April letting me know that it was World Art Day.
After reading the article, I decided to jump right back in and catch up with the prompts I'd missed,
days 9 through 24.  And then I continued on.
Day 25: Coffee
Day 26: Grapes where I showcased my crocheted doll from Tblisi, Georgia and handmade jug from Sofia, Bulgaria, both bought on trips we took last year.
Day 27: Pigeon
Day 28: Donut
I crocheted a donut coaster and made vegan chocolate donuts from a recipe by Nora Cooks.
Day 29: Cat
Jingles, of course.  My green-eyed girl and a couple of tiny cross-stitchings.
And the prompt for today, day 30, the final day of the challenge is kiwi.
But, it turns out, it's actually not the final day!
Darn! :)
I was glad it was over.
Aruna let me know that there are actually prompts until the end of the month so guess I'll have to put my creative thinking cap on til then.

Have a good Tuesday.

10 comments:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Tammy,
WOW, and all because Aruna prompted you to continue, or catch up...
That Easter Bunny with the Kuwait Art Challenge stands out for me.
You are quite an artist and all the embroidery or crocheting work as well.
That must have kept your mind busy―which is good during these weeks/months.
Sending you hugs,
Mariette

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Your art is just so fun and colorful! I am glad you found some time to create. I need to get out of a rut myself. Hope you are staying well!

Betsy said...

WOW Tammy! You are so creative and multi-talented. I enjoyed seeing all of your beautiful artwork, but I think Jingles is the best and I love your simple cross-stitch of him. I hope you continue to share your beautiful projects through the end of the month.
Blessings,
Betsy

Teresa Kasner said...

I'm impressed with your dedication to your daily art projects! I think it's wonderful and makes me want to get out my watercolors and give it a go. After I finish my flower garland.. and my Dune blanket.. lol. I love having a creative mind, it sure does make this home stay more endurable. Sending love your way... ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Lorrie said...

Good for you for sticking to the challenge. I tend to lose interest or focus about mid way through, then regret not finishing. Having challenges does keep one going during these strange days.

Wanda said...

How fun, and how delightfully creative you are. I just found my old art portfolio this afternoon looking for something else. Like finding a treasure. Going to share some of them.

Maya Kuzman said...

I always thoroughly enjoy your creative expressions, whether crafts, arts, or photography - and I am always inspired by you! You've done an incredible job with your drawings and I hope you keep those little masterpieces safe. That looks like a wonderful art journal - I am attempting to work on mine, but my crochet keeps whispering to me, urging me to come back and I must indulge :)

Derya said...

Hello Tammy, What a beautiful event and really creative work. Art is like medicine. I wish you a very sweet, inspirational day in cat jingles that have been great for cross work. :)

Mini said...

I love how you mix sketching,doodling,cross stitch and crochet to participate in challenges.
And I personally feel you are very good at keeping up with these challenges, I have seen you do a few over the years.
How nice to have a friend who pushes to complete the challenges!

Angie said...

Tammy - the bunny sketch "hopped" right off the page to me. And of course, as a fellow cat lover, enjoyed your furbaby with the cross-stitch cats. Good for you to persevere!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...