Saturday, July 7, 2018

Crafting at The Coffee Bean

This morning was the regular meet-up of my craft group, Kuwait Crafters.
Since it's the summer holidays, many people are traveling so we never know how many will show up.
 Today we had two knitters and four crocheters in attendance.
Everyone else always seems to be tackling grand projects while I stick with the humble granny square which requires little concentration on my part.  :)  
One of our members has been working on the cutest amigurumi Marvel  Heroes.  Even the staff at the coffee shop were smitten with them and enjoyed helping with a photo shoot.
I quickly whipped up some hearts to leave behind for the employees.
It really is so delightful to spread a little joy.
Wherever you go, leave a heart print.

Happy Saturday!

9 comments:

Mereknits said...

I wish I could have been there, I could use a bit of crafting love.

Terra said...

How thoughtful to leave those hearts for the employees.

miruspeg said...

It is always fun to meet for coffee with friends and I am sure extra special when crafting with them.
Love that you left so lovely little hearts for the staff Tammy, spreading joy is always heartwarming for both the receiver and the giver.
Take care dear friend.
Peggy xxxx

Teresa Kasner said...

I love when you meet up with your yarny friends and show us what they're doing. I love that you made more hearts for the wait staff, you are spreading so much good karma! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

kathyinozarks said...

I think it is awesome you have a group of crafters to up with-those little characters are just so cute-and that was sweet to leave little hearts I read somewhere on the east coast people are making art of kindness on small rocks and leaving them around town for someone to find-spreading smiles is a good thing hugs

Jodiebodie said...

Some cafés get frustrated with craft groups taking up tables without the speedy turnover of customers. It's nice that you have a venue with supportive management. Everyone can relax. It's great to see the goodwill between your group and the café staff and your thoughtful hearts are a great way to maintain a positive relationship.

I was surprised to read that your crocheters outnumbered knitters. That rarely happens in my Australian experience.

I agree with you that granny squares are perfect for a gathering because of their simplicity. I always find I get more talking than crochet done at meet-uos and become easily distracted or interrupted. I don't know how people are able to concentrate on complicated projects in that environment. Go the granny square!

Linda said...

So nice to spend time doing what you love with others who share that.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Tammy,
Oh my those cute amigurumi Marvel Heroes are looking like true art work!
Love also the strawberries and of course your colorful hearts always leave a mark.
Sending you hugs,
Mariette

Angie said...

You do spread joy everywhere you go. And I can see why everyone finds the heroes so adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...