Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tuesday Tidings

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see." (John Burroughs)


I thought today would be a quiet day once the kids and I got home from school but it didn't turn out that way at all. It's been full steam ahead ever since first thing this morning and now here I sit at 10 o'clock in the evening. First, I would like to share with you a miraculous makeover that I completed earlier! I turned this ...

TA-DA! Into this ...

HA! Okay, upon closer inspection, I think you can tell that it isn't actually a makeover. Remember how I said Sam is always coming home with stuff. Well, the green chairs and table is what he came home with last nite. We saw the set in True Value a few weeks ago; they advertised a sale, so Sam rushed over there and got it. Turned out to be the last set available. Has the look of wrought iron but is sturdy plastic. We needed something smaller for the balcony off our tv room so I did a switch-a-rooni. The white table and chairs are now on the balcony off our bedroom.

Above is one view of our bedroom balcony. We bought plants on Friday and Sam repotted some, while I did the rest on Saturday. I am thankful that I am seeing some green again after the pity of losing the 4 huge beautiful trees that used to stand in the yard below.
My aunt had a post the other day about the Fall leaves in her area of Michigan. The boys read it and when Zack was helping me clean our balcony, he said "See, we have leaves, too."

"Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul.”
~Henry Ward Beecher
Jingles loves this balcony. It is hard to keep up during the summer because of the heat and the sandstorms. But when it is in use, Jingles will run back and forth to the door until someone lets her out there.

And she likes to chase these guys at nite.

It seemed to be a necessary ritual that he should prepare himself for sleep by meditating under the solemnity of the night sky... a mysterious transaction between the infinity of the soul and the infinity of the universe. ~Victor Hugo

It is way past my bedtime so goodnite to one and all. Hope you have had a terrific Tuesday and that Wednesday will be wonderful, too. Blessings, Tammy

8 comments:

Linda said...

Tammy,
Reading your blog takes me away... it's fascinating. I love the photos, love your new patio set (my parents had a similar one years ago). And oh yes - each day is TOO short.

I hope you have a blessed remainder of the week,
Linda

Bunnym said...

Your sunset is beautiful! The chairs look blue....green blue, doesn't matter, it looks nice and comfy. Two balconies and one off the master...sounds nice. Have a wonderful day tomorrow.

tootles,
bunny

Rita said...

Hi dear Tammy,
thanks for stopping by. I love your post. always so rich in pics and very nice too.
your makeover was a real piece of art. would never have told by the "after" pic that the chairs & table set were just plastic. Good gal, fantastic idea!
Hugs & G'd nite

rita

Anonymous said...

What a great opening quote. How many times have I said that I need a few more hours in each day to get done all the things I want to do? I love what you did with the balcony. The green table really does look like wrought iron. Your balcony looks really nice with all the plants (and the leaves too). Nice to see that Jingles is enjoying her balcony time. She is too cute for words... We have the same little geckos hanging onto our screen porch going out to the back yard. Cute little guys.

Hope you got enough sleep!

XOXO
Renee

♥Mimi♥ said...

I sometimes forget that the little things I so take for granted are often the big things that someone else doesn't have. Thank you for sharing your mail experiences in Kuwait. I had heard that often boxes would get "lost". That is so sad and for your phone to be a things of the past ☺ another sad.

Seeing little Jingles on your balcony was so sweet. I take it he is a smart kitty and stays put not jumping off hurting himself.

ittybittyandpretty said...

it all looks so good! my friend is teaching in your part of the world, she has been there for almost a year.
xxrosey

GwendolynKay said...

Your new set does look like iron. Beautiful! Nice that you have all those plants to fill in the space from the missing trees. Zack, he is mr. positive isn't he? Just love that kiddo!
ta!
Gwen

Jessica @ Sunny Tuesday said...

The new patio set certainly qualifies as a makeover! :) I think it looks fantastic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...