“Let's be grateful for those who give us happiness; they are the charming gardeners who make our soul bloom.” - Marcel Proust
This is what the sky looked like as I got up and ready for school this morning.
We actually had a little rain last nite. Today it is windy and I felt a few raindrops earlier in the day.
"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” -William Arthur Ward
One of the teachers at school stumbled across my blog recently. She said that she was googling "Bida'a Antiques" as she wanted to call to find out their working hours since she was wanting to get over there to buy a nice antique piece. My blog popped up because I've posted about Bida'a as being one of my favorite places and she was able to actually get the phone number from the brochure I photographed and posted. Isn't that a hoot! I decorated the little black box for Halloween, put some chocolates in it and placed it on her desk this morning.
Another cereal box transformation. I will be filling this with gifts for a friend whose birthday is on Sunday.
Another decorated coffee tin that will be used for cookies. On Saturday and Sunday I will be making and baking for Operation Hope. A bake sale will take place on Monday and all proceeds are for charity.
For today and its blessings, I owe the world an attitude of gratitude.--Clarence E. Hodges
My blogging buddy, Bunny Missbrenner from I'm Just Say'n http://bunnymissbrenner.blogspot.com/ passed a Kreativ Blogger Award to me.
When I visit blogland, I sure don't feel creative compared to some, but I do keep trying and I'm getting so many new ideas. I'm supposed to list 7 things about myself that you might not know about me, so here goes:
1. I hate reading and following instructions. I usually try to figure things out on my own. Several of you lovely bloggers suggested ways for me to try posting a link. I still can't do it. (I don't even know if the link to Bunny will work, so let me know.)
2. I am so technologically challenged. New technology means learning something different and that may require the reading of instructions. (See No. 1) :)
3. I love the sun, but it doesn't love me. When I was younger, I would get horrible fever blisters around my mouth if I stayed out in the sun too long, especially if I was near water. I outgrew that, but now too much time in the sun, even with sunscreen and I break out in a rash which results in little sores that can take weeks to heal. Not a good thing!
4. I hate to dust -- and in Kuwait, there is a lot of dust! I prefer to do almost anything else other than housework.
5. I love to walk I could do it all day long, every day. Of course, it helps if you are in a pleasing environment with wonderful weather. Kuwait doesn't provide that.
6. I've been a vegetarian for about 5 months now. My family is freaking out as they are afraid I am gonna turn them into vegetarians too. HA! I do my best to find recipes that don't include meat but that everyone can enjoy.
7. I love wine, but I hate whining. When I hear children whine, it drives me crazy! Kuwait is a dry country, so don't get wine very often. I do often hear whining since I work in a school. LOL!
And finally ... it's official!
I'm addicted to blogging (thanks Gwen)!
I'm not following Bunny's instructions to a tee as I'm not listing 7 blogs to award the Kreativ Blogger to. I will have to think about that one and then practice doing the link thing. So for now ...
“May you always have walls for the winds, a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire, laughter to cheer you, those you love near you and all your heart might desire.” (Irish blessing) Wishing you all the best this Thursday afternoon. :) Tammy