Sunday, December 16, 2018

Wednesday a Little Late

I was on a roll with my daily blogging but got sidetracked when the electricity went out Wednesday night.  No electricity means no internet.  And then I lost my mojo.
So let's backtrack to last Wednesday when I met my friend, Melissa, for a nice wander around a different neighborhood.
Of course, the first thing we encounter is lots of street kitties near the sea.  It just breaks my heart and makes me angry that this is such a problem because of irresponsible humans.
They were all so sweet and really wanted attention more than the food I had with me.  The little white kitty was covered in flies and looked sick, so I cleaned it's face with a wet wipe.  The left eye was completely closed but looked a bit better after I wiped it. 
 It's always fun to explore different areas.
Finding gorgeous colors and interesting doorways.
It's not every day we find wagon wheels.
Or sweet little statues.
At this time of year, where there are flowers, there are bees.
Winter is growing season in the desert.

A person does not grow from the ground like a vine or a tree, one is not part of a plot of land. Mankind has legs so it can wander.
(Roman Payne, The Wanderess)
Have a great day!

10 comments:

Mereknits said...

Tammy,
I am so far behind reading blogs. December has kicked my butt! I love seeing your walks, your friendships and your kind heart with all the cats and your beautiful hearts spread everywhere. You are beyond lovely my friend.

Sam I Am...... said...

Those poor kitties but near the sea they can at least catch fish or eat what the birds drop. The scenery is lovely and I really like the orange and blue house.

Linda said...

Poor sweet kitties. :( I feel like here we've done our part, taking in the 2 strays that have been permanent members of our family now for a year and a half, and finally finding a home for my beloved "Yard Cat", with someone very special who loves her just as I did.

Hope you have a good week. I have 2 days of work and then off until January 3rd.

Linda

Quinn said...

Those blossoms with bees look very much like my squash and okra blossoms of just a few months ago. It was almost impossible to get a photograph of a squash blossom without a bee in it!
I've gone through some delayed, catch-up reading and writing lately, so I know it can be an effort to get back in the bloggy groove - I'm so happy to see you posting, whenever you feel like it! And thank you so much for your recent comments on Comptonia, they are very much appreciated.

Betsy said...

Beautiful flowers and bees and cute little statues, but those kitties break my heart. You were so sweet to take such good care of them when you can. My hope is the same as Sharon’s, that they can at least get some fish that the birds leave behind. I’m behind in reading blogs too. Everyone understands. Life isn’t perfect and we all do what we can. Many blessings my friend, Betsy

Teresa Kasner said...

I think it's wonderful that you live so close to the sea and can walk there.. I'm glad a friend goes with you. I'm so happy that you feed the feral cats. You've earned a halo for that. I got to thinking though.. at least there they don't round them up and euthanize them like they do here if there are too many feral cats. Have a super week, my friend!

((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Jodiebodie said...

Another scenic walk. I'm glad you take us with you on your walks.
Who put the crochet hat on the statue? ;-)
You are very kind to those kittens.

eclectichomelife said...

What a lovely walk, felt I was right there with you

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Tammy,
What a very special walk this was, except for the heartache when one encounters kittens that are abandoned by people and not having been spayed or neutered. So sad to see them with infected eyes etc.
At least they got some love and attention from kind humans, be it only for a moment...
Love the flower photos and the crocheted cap placed on the statue.
Sending you hugs,
Mariette

Angie said...

Tammy - yes, it makes my heart sick to see all these abandoned cats … how sweet that you give them some love. But I do enjoy seeing these little slices of your world. Glad your mojo is on the re-bound!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...