Friday, December 7, 2018

Lunch Date and Movie Night

Friday and Saturday are the weekend here but Friday is the only full day that my husband takes off work.  We usually go out for lunch and today took advantage of the beautiful weather by walking to our favorite Japanese restaurant which is only about a 1/2 mile away.  
Signs are already up for what's just around the corner.
Green tea, miso soup, Okura (crispy okra) and Yasai Yaki Soba Noodles (veges and noodles in a soy lime sauce).
  
 

Tonight we went with friends to see the movie "Ben is Back" (starring Julia Roberts and Lucas Hedges) about a mother who wants to believe in her son and will do anything to save him from addiction and from his past.  I've seen mixed reviews about it, but we all thought it was good.

Happy Friday!

8 comments:

Lyn said...

It’s lovely that you can spend some time together and enjoy a meal and film with one another xx

Betsy said...

You are so lucky to have such lovely places within walking distance. I love Japanese food. Of course, I much prefer what you get in Japan over what we can get here. I hope you have a lovely weekend my friend. Blessings always, Betsy

Sam I Am...... said...

Sounds like you are enjoying your weekend!

Teresa Kasner said...

What a nice thing, to be able to walk to a lovely restaurant and have such delicious food so close to home. We have to drive everywhere we want to go being out in the country in an old farmhouse. Have a wonderful weekend.
*********************************************
*H*A*P*P*Y* * *H*O*L*I*D*A*Y*S*!*!*!*
*********************************************
((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Gracie Saylor said...

So glad you had a good date and shared the interesting views around you with us! Yesterday we closed on the sale of our house and I closed on the purchase of a condo. Now all we have to do is move! Happy weekend, Tammy xx

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Tammy,
Loved the photo with your reflection in the door and the sign that indeed is just around the corner.
Can't believe how fast the weeks are ending...
Love the food choices you show us here.
Would be a bit hesitant for using the soy sauce for me as it usually is too salty for my kidney diet...
Hugs,
Mariette

Serena Lewis said...

How nice and lunch looked delicious! I've seen the trailer for that movie and it looks good to me...definitely on my 'to watch' list. :)

Angie said...

So glad the weather is cooperating for a walk out with your hubby!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...