Monday, December 3, 2018

Nature Fix and a Miracle Garden

At least once a year, my husband goes to Dubai for business and I get to tag-along.
The unfortunate thing on this trip was that before we even departed Kuwait, I started with a severe headache that only got worse.  By the time we got to our hotel, I really just needed to kick off my shoes and get in bed as quickly as possible.  I'm not sure if I had a 24 hour virus or a killer migraine, but wound up staying in bed until 9 a.m. the next morning and actually threw up many times during the night even though there was absolutely nothing in my stomach.

Thankfully after some toast and juice, I was able to get ready and get moving on day two.  
One of the main reasons I like going to Dubai is for the bookstore Kinokuniya.  We have some bookstores in Kuwait, but because of censorship, book and magazine choices are limited.  Every time I go to Dubai with a list of books, they always have what I'm looking for.
And this time I was looking for The Nature Fix (which I am still currently reading).
On this trip, we were able to visit the Dubai Miracle Garden for the first time and I have to say, if you're a plant and flower lover, it was pretty amazing!
Some of the topiaries are huge.
In fact, this 18 meter high Mickey was awarded a Guinness Record "World's Largest Topiary Structure" in February 2018.
This teddy bear is one of the newest topiary structures with the heart representing a message of love and harmony.
Hearts Passage and Butterfly Passage.
And so many amazing sunflowers!
While the guys had a cool drink and sat in the Umbrella Passage, I continued to walk around and enjoy the sights.
Hope you enjoyed the tour!

Happy Monday!

13 comments:

busybusybeejay said...

Wow.That is amazing.I would love to visit.Super photos.

Mary said...

Wow, Dubai never ceases to surprise does it Tammy - those kitty cats are awesome, it's all awesome in that city!
Glad you found your book - is that shop in the amazing mall?
I would really like to spend time there again - my initial visit was certainly an eye-opener!

Glad your headache didn't last too long and that you were able to get out and enjoy your visit.
Hugs - Mary

kathyinozarks said...

Yes I totally enjoyed the tour-what a magnificent place with all those topiaries and gardens-I loved it all-I can see why you loved "tagging" along.
glad you were able to get well enough to enjoy- thanks for sharing Tammy

eclectichomelife said...

So sorry about your headache but WOW when you managed to get out... that garden! Would LOVE to go there

Teresa Kasner said...

I'm happy for you that you got to go to Dubai, but sorry you had to endure that illness, but glad it went away fast! Thanks for sharing photos of that amazing garden, what a place!! I can see how you'd enjoy that book. Does Kuwait censor what you buy on your notebook as far as books go? That would make me crazy. Have a nice week, my friend. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Betsy said...

I am so sorry you were sick when you first arrived Tammy. I know that had to of been so disappointing for you and I’m glad you were able to visit your bookshop. I can’t imagine that level of censorship. We are pretty spoiled here in the US, being able to buy pretty much whatever we want. And that garden! I have absolutely no words for that garden. It is stunning. Every time I saw a different picture I would think, “that’s my new favorite. That’s my new favorite.” Everyone of them is my favorite! I’m so glad that you were feeling well enough to visit. Thank you so very, very much for taking us along with you. Many blessings my friend, Betsy

Gracie Saylor said...

WOW!!! The garden is amazing! Thanks so much for making the effort to share it with us, especially since you were so ill! I hope you stay well and enjoy your interesting looking book. xx

Sam I Am...... said...

So sorry you were ill to start out your trip but glad you recovered quickly. The book looks really good and I put it on my list to read. The flower gardens and topiaries are astounding! It's amazing with money and talent what can be created. So beautiful! I thank you so much for sharing it. I really liked the faucet fountain and the plane and I could go on and on! Amazing!

Derya said...

Hi Tammy, The pictures are great, they are very successful here in the landscaping business. I wish healthy days ..

Linda said...

Sorry your trip began with an awful headache, Tammy, but glad you recovered and were able to enjoy all of the many sights. :)

daydream in colour said...

Thank you so much for sharing the Miracle gardens. I love reading about incredible things in places you wouldn't expect. They truly are gorgeous and I'm glad to hear you recovered enough to enjoy them. xx Susan

Angie said...

Oh, Tammy, that Miracle Garden is to die for. Picture after picture of majestic displays, and such lovely flowers. The passages are very unique - I like that feature. With snow on the ground and very cold temperatures here, you have given me a shot in the arm of 'sun and flower power'. Thank you. (And glad that you felt well enough to get out and experience it.)

Grammy Braxton said...

Tammy, that Magic Garden is amazing. What beautiful weather also. I'm so sorry you were sick. Thank goodness you were able to get out and visit the gardens.
Hugs,
Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...