Friday, February 5, 2010

Happy Friday!

Hello and Happy Friday! Zack had a baseball game at 9 am this morning and it was our snack day. 20 bags filled with chicken sandwiches, baby carrots, snack mix and fruit rollups. Plus vanilla cupcakes with chocolate frosting that I made yesterday.


Zack played well but his team lost the game 10-6. At least everyone liked their snacks.

*********

After we got home and Zack got all cleaned up, we went to lunch at Fusion which is just below The Kuwait Towers.


At 1:30 pm, we were the only ones there. The waitress said we were early as most people start coming for lunch at 3 pm. I told her lunch at 1 pm is normal for us. Fusion has mostly Japanese food and we are always pleased with everything we order.



*********
The rest of the day has been quiet. While blog hopping this afternoon, I saw that Twyla from Two Crazy Crafters posted a heart pattern so I wrote it down and gave it a go. Yea! It worked out for me the first time. There are so many heart patterns and there are times when I struggle with a pattern but this one was quite easy. Gloria at Crochet Galore also posted a pattern which I will try tomorrow.

The pink and white hearts are made with leftover yarn from the States while the red and white one is made with yarn from here. I much prefer the plump, pretty look of the pink and white ones but there is no Red Heart brand or anything remotely similar in this country. Where's a WalMart or a Hobby Lobby when you need one??

*********
Tonite I will leave you with another poem from precious Mattie J.T. Stepanek:

Heartsong

I have a song, deep in my heart,
And only I can hear it.
If I close my eyes and sit very still
It is so easy to listen to my song.
When my eyes are open and
I am so busy and moving and busy,
If I take time and listen very hard,
I can still hear my Heartsong.
It make me feel happy.
Happier than ever.
Happier than everywhere
And everything and everyone
In the whole wide world.
Happy like thinking about
Going to Heaven when I die,
My Heartsong sounds like this --
I love you! I love you!
How happy you can be!
How happy you can make
This whole world be!
And sometimes it's other
Tunes and words, too,
But it always sings the
Same special feeling to me,
It makes me think of
Jamie, and Katie and Stevie,
And other wonderful things,
This is my special song.
But do you know what?
All people have a special song
Inside their hearts!
Everyone in the whole wide world
Has a special Heartsong.
If you believe in magical, musical hearts,
And if you believe you can be happy,
Then you, too, will hear your song.
(March 1996)

I hope your heart sings today. Peace & Blessings, Tammy

13 comments:

Unknown said...

My goodness. The thought of having to make twenty sack lunches... icks.... You must be a pro at it. It would take me all day.

Off to check out the heart pattern. I'm sure I have some Red/White and Pink stashed some where...

Have a great weekend.
Lunch by the way, looked charming....

Kate - The Garden Bell

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Tammy, I loved seeing your hearts! You did a great job and they look so pretty! We have been asked many times where to get the supplies that we use so on our sidebar you'll find the words - 'Twyla and Lindsey's favorite products', if you click that, it will take you to a page where you will see 'Twyla's favorite yarn'. There, it will show you Red Heart yarn that you can order from Amazon. I don't know if you can order from Amazon and I'm sure the shipping may be expensive, but I know how much you'd love some Red Heart! Have a nice weekend! Twyla

Rita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rita said...

dear Tammy,
what a day and omGoodness so many bag lunches to prepare. 't would have been a nightmare for me, but from what i've come to learn about you you're a great gal full of energy, enthusiasm and love.
My der friend, I'm also writing my comment to you today to let you know that my blog has been hacked into and apparently this is making it difficult - if not at all impossible - to visit. I'm having serious problems accessing and posting so it might be awhile before i can post again. No big deal as i will use my time visiting my dear bloggy friends' blogs and that will be no doubt as much fun as posting.
On the same note, if you happen to know of someone else who's experienced the same awful experience of hackers invading their own space, please e-mail me at ritapitoni@hotmail.com. As things are standing now I do not seem to be able to find a solution to this big problem nor help from the internet. wish me luck!
until the next time wish you a fab and relaxing weekend
rita
p.s. inspiring poem and lovely hearts

Vicki said...

Tammy, you are such a good mother to so lovingly fix all those lunches for the ball team! Your hearts are wonderful, too. I adore hearts and have noticed I have quite a few around my home. Yes, I can hear my heart song! Thank you for sharing this great poem! I loved it! Have a terrific fun filled weekend! Vicki

Anonymous said...

You can make snack bags for me anytime!! Your snacks sure sounded great. Something to make them feel better after another lost game.
Your day sounds wonderful. Good for you for having a nice lunch, quiet time, blogging and them a nice time to crochet. The weekend days don't get much better than that.
We had the first nice sunny day today after 4 days of clouds and rain. The boys and I took advantage by going to play golf after school let out. It was beautiful, and I had a ball. probably more so than the boys... HA! I am thinking about a walk now. It is my day off from walking, but it is just too beautiful outside to stay in.
Loved the poem.
Have a great Saturday!!
Love,
Renee

Rustique Gal said...

Tammy, thank you for sharing that lovely poem with us. I looked at all those bags and wonder if I'd have survived motherhood. Cats don't need bag lunches. But you have treasures beyond measure. Have a great weekend! Sherry

Sheila Rumney said...

I am enjoying the poems that you are sharing! They are really touching my heart.

I can't believe you fixed all those bag lunches! I am sure the boys loved them. Have a wonderful weekend.

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Hi Tammy!!!!
Happy Birthday Month, Day 5!!!!

Sorry to hear about Zack's team BUT it's not all about winning right? I mean, they DID have chicken sandwiches...that's a WIN any day!!!! ;)

I love the pink and white hearts too, especially the pink with the white border!!! I wish I knew how to do that. Everyone says "oh it's easy" but...(eyes rolling here)

My Birthday Wish for you today is Determination. Not everyday will you have a winning situation, but all that matters is you play the cards of what life brings you.

Have a wonderful weekend~
everything vintage


ps....Tammy, can I have your mailing address??? If you'd like, you can go on my blog and email me from my email link in the upper left corner. I'd appreciate it. thanks.

Anne Lorys said...

Goodness, you're just a sandwich making MACHINE!!!

I love the little peeks at life overseas that you provide, so fascinating!

Have a great weekend!
Anne

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a busy, fun day you had, Tammy!!! I can't believe you whipped those hearts out so quickly - they are so, so sweet! I also enjoyed your poem - and yes, I too have a heartsong!
Have a great weekend,
Zuzu

GwendolynKay said...

20 sandwiches.... what a great mom you are to do that for the team. I am going to send you a letter via email.
love ya!
Gwen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...