Saturday, February 13, 2010

Baking and Surprises on Day 13 of my Bday Month

Today has been a perfect pajama day that included some crocheting, general tidying up and baking.

The kids made their own cookies that sort of turned out looking like blobs. They iced and ate them right away. I made big hearts, double hearts ...

and little hearts. Tomorrow I will be passing these out at school.

Yesterday I promised to tell the surprise of where I would be celebrating my birthday on the 26th. The 25th and 26th here are National and Liberation Days and, therefore, always a public holiday. I don't usually go anywhere because it gets a little crazy with parades, way too much traffic and individuals who think that spraying foam on anything or anyone that moves is a holiday sport. Definitely not my cup of tea. But speaking of tea -- the place we will be going is known for its tea, and before 1972 it was actually known as Ceylon. We will be travelling to another country. One we haven't been to before. Its major products are rice, tea, coconut and spices. Its capital city is Colombo.

In another providence called Kandy, we will get to visit an elephant orphanage and handicraft bazaar.


We've been talking about it for awhile and finally it is going to become reality. We are going to Sri Lanka and we are all so excited!
***********
My friend Maria who moved to Lebanon sent a gift back to me with her husband who was visiting over the weekend.


An early birthday gift! Perfume and a handwritten note. Lovely!

I hope your day is full of sweet surprises!

Hugs & blessings, Tammy

15 comments:

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Sri Lanka!!! Wow Tammy, I'm soooo excited for ya'll!!!! Please bring your camera and take me along too, pretty please???? I know you will come back with great great great stories to tell us!!!! oh...I'm so excited!!!!

Oh...Happy Birthday Month, Day 13!!!!!
My Birthday wish for you today is Selflessness (because I just know you think of us when you are having sooo much fun in Sri Lanka! haha

yum. the cookies looks delish~
everything vintage

Elaine said...

Love the valentine's cookies.. Wish I had several right now.
Bill is taking me to Perkin's for supper..my choice.
Cody,James,Becca and Ryder were here last evening.

Enjoy a good night's rest
Valentine hugs to you all
Aunt Elaine

Caterina Giglio said...

Have a lovely trip and enjoy yourself completely!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Sweet Valentine wishes to you, Tammy! Twyla

A Fanciful Life said...

Tammy, I am so excited for you! How fascinating Sri Lanka will be - I can't wait to see your pictures when you return. How fabulous. The closest I'm getting to that on my birthday next week is having lunch at at Sweet Teas for a luncheon tea. But i'm not complaining, that is just my cup of tea, so to speak. Your cookies look like happy hearts! Have a wonderful Valentine's weekend.
Sharon :-0

Lemondrops Simple Stuff said...

Hi there! Cookies look good! I wanted to make sugar heart cookies, but didn't get around to it. Sri Lanka for your birthday! How exciting!!! Take lots of pic's, can't wait to see them!

Anonymous said...

What a great day it looks like you had. Your cookies look wonderful - definately edible. I can only make sugar cookies once a year at Christmas time, because I eat way too many of them when I make them. You will be making a lot of people smile tomorrow for sure.
Sri Lanka looks and sounds beautiful. I am SO excited for you to get away and see some place new. One of the benefits of living in a place where you have pretty simple access to so many different parts of the world. I can't wait to see the pictures and hear all about it.
How lovely that Mona remembered your birthday. I had little doubt that she would... I am thinking the next two weeks will be filled with little surprises like the one you got today. GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Love ya,
Renee

June said...

Tammy I am so happy for you dear. That is exciting. What a lovely place to see. And Maria sent you some pretties. Do me a favor and eat a cookie for me!
hugs

DeeDee said...

Wow what a Birthday Gift....I hope your travles are safe and very fun and fulfilling...I will be staying in for my birthday....so please celebrate for me as well...just pretend I am on vacation with you...


enjoy your day and Happy Birthday Month Tammy

Rustique Gal said...

Those cookies look great! I wish you all the best on your trip and your birthday! Sherry

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

What a sweet Valentin's post! These cookies look delicious and oh so colorful!!

Wishing you a Warm & Wonderful St. Valentin day!
Saskia

Sheila Rumney said...

Happy Valentine's Day. Those cookies look yummy. What a wonderful b-day present. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Rose said...

The cookies are so cute. I know the kids will enjoy them. What a lovely gift from your friend. The beautiful penmanship on the envelope caught my attention. Enjoy your trip, take lots of photos and be blessed.
Happy Valentines Day.
Rose

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Wow how exciting is this going to another country. So happy you are doing it on your Birthday...makes it even more special.
Happy Birthday...we will be waiting for pictures
Love
Maggie

Melissa said...

Stop teasing us with all your food creations. I'm starting to lick the screen. You are going to have so much fun going to Sri Lanka. It's one of those places where you wouldn't think about going but once you do, you'll wonder why you hadn't done it sooner. I'm falling behind on my blogging with you but better late than never. Today I wish for you "Happiness" as you are always giving it to others.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...