Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sightseeing Saturday

Greetings and welcome to another Sightseeing Saturday. As promised, Jerash in Jordan is our next advenure.

"Dubbed the "Pompeii of the East," Jerash is a Greco-Roman ruined city located 80 miles north of Amman. The impressive, beautifully preserved ruins of Jerash include places of worship and other buildings from the Hellenistic, Roman, Byzantine and early Muslim periods."








"I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know no way of judging of the future but by the past." Edward Gibbon

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful....
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Judi said...

It is so massive and imprssive ~ ya look so tiny in comparison to the size. Again, thanks for sharing something I would never have the opportunity to see!! Judi

Unknown said...

What a treat to see your Saturday. Wonderful pictures. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the tour. There are so many places in the world that many of us will never see. It is wonderful to see them through anothers eyes.
Surely you have some sort of weather change there?

Anonymous said...

What an amazing place to visit. I can't believe how beautiful all the ancient buildings and ruins are. Must have been an amazing trip!! Thanks for sharing!

Renee

Claus said...

What a lucky gal to live close to such places! I love history, and would LOVE to travel to places where there are still remainings for the world's past. Someday, I know I will. In the meantime, I'm lucky to know and learn about them through friends, so thanks for sharing!!

♥Mimi♥ said...

How fortunate you are to be able to touch history - literally. I can't imagine how awed I would be to see such ancient ruins. Magnificent.

Melissa said...

Havent seen these pictures yet. Must be larger than life when you are actually there. Its always fun going to other places and finding out the history of each city.

Yarni Gras! said...

how beautiful! They are so huge! Its good you are able to enjoy these types of outings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...