Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Fabric Dyeing

For the first time in a long time I attended a meeting of Kuwait Textile Art Association at Sadu House where today's project was fabric dyeing.
We were told to use two colors and I was encouraged to stick with those choices though now I wish I would have experimented a little more.
There was quite a large group in attendance so this is just a small sampling of progress shots.
For show and tell, one member showed samples of dyeing she's done in the past using different techniques.

Now we play the waiting game to let the fabric dry completely before untying it.  I've put it out on our balcony and hopefully will be able to have a look at it in a few days.
Always enjoy having a little wander around the premises before heading home.
Lots of color and pattern for inspiration.
Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday,

8 comments:

Maya Kuzman said...

Looks interesting! Why do you have to wait a couple of days for it to dry? Does it dry too slow? And also - what are you going to do with yours?

kathyinozarks said...

What dye were you using? I do allot of dyeing so curious would have been a fun day for sure

Jodiebodie said...

How lucky to have such interesting workshops at your disposal. I love it when you share your Sadu House visitss. The textiles are so interesting and I also find inspiration in your photos of what you discover there.

Betsy said...

You have such interesting and fun places in Kuwait Tammy. I also think the buildings are beautiful. How fun to dye your own fabric. I'm looking forward to seeing how yours turned out.
Blessings,
Betsy

Teresa Kasner said...

What a fascinating place.. I look forward to seeing what your dye project will look like. I've always wanted a nice rainbow tie-dye shirt.. I might have to look for one. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Derya said...

Hi Tammy,It is nice that you are constantly trying something new, fabric dyeing should be very enjoyable except for the hands dyeing, I like my favorite weaving and rugs that contain traditional patterns and colors :)

Sam I Am...... said...

That looks like fun! I can't wait to see what it looks like! Don't forget to show us. What a lovely building with such beautiful weavings and textiles. Even the look outside is lovely.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Tammy,
You are all adventurous in attempting this!
But, I had a set of leather dies that I'd ordered in April of 2018... and finally on a clear and sunny day I've used them!
Good results, I'm very pleased.
Anxious to see what you managed...
Hugs,
Mariette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...