Friday, February 1, 2019

Lunch at Assaha

Since I've not posted in nearly a month, I figured I'd better pop in and say a quick hello and Happy February!
We had some very unstable weather the last few weeks of January, but today it was a beautiful day to welcome the start of a new month.
Our first visit to this restaurant was at the end of November which I posted about here.
It was built to look like a traditional Lebanese village and is filled with so many antiques and really lovely decorative pieces.  I just love the ambience but wasn't able to take as many pictures this time since the restaurant was filling up fast.
 It's easy to find lots of tasty vegetarian dishes when eating Middle Eastern food:  pickles, olives, salad, okra with tomatoes, eggplant with tomatoes, onions and chickpeas, and, of course, houmous.
Plus endive sauteed in olive oil with garlic and onions.
While we were waiting for the check, our waiter brought us a complementary tray of traditional sweets.
All of these tables were completely full by the time we left.
Really love the tiled floors.
I know many of you are experiencing frigid weather right.
Sending warm wishes your way.
Happy Friday!

12 comments:

Lisa said...

What a stunning place to dine! The food looks delicious. Now I’m hungry 😀. I think our frigid weather is about to end. Next week we may get close to 60 degrees. Have a lovely weekend.

Betsy said...

What a beautiful restaurant Tammy. Thank you for showing us the photos. So many of our restaurants look exactly the same over here. I guess you know that already don’t you? The food looks delicious too. We’re supposed to have snow every day next week. I can’t really complain. We’ve been experiencing a more Seattle like winter so far with just a few snowstorms. Happy February! Blessings,

Teresa Kasner said...

What a fabulous place.. I would love to dine in a restaurant like that.. but it's a long way from Oregon! LOL! Have a fabulous weekend my friend. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Maya Kuzman said...

I saw this in your instagram stories Tammy! It is indeed a special place and you surely know how to shoot the best angles and spotlight that amazing food!

Linda P said...

The restaurant looks like a good one where you can enjoy some delicious food and atmosphere of traditional surroundings. Wishing you a good February!

linda said...

Happy February Tammy, beautiful photo's and the food looks just delicious! have a great weekend. xx

Mereknits said...

You have so many interesting places to visit, thank you for taking us along to see wonderful things we might never see in person. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

Sherry said...

The food looks fabulous. I love your pictures of the beautiful restaurant, an atmosphere like that usually makes the experience so special. You live in a beautiful place..

Jodiebodie said...

Thank you for taking us back to that beautifully styled restaurant. It has a slightly medieval feel to me when I see your latest photographs. I am not familiar with middle eastern sweets. What did you have to sample? (You are making me hungry!) ;-)

SusanLotus said...

OMG! You made me so hungry now.
Yum yum...
It all looks very delicious and the restaurant
so cozy too. Beautiful place!

Hope you are doing just fine and enjoying life each day.
You are an inspiration to me.:)

Blessigs!
Sussie

Lorrie said...

The tiled floors, the stone walls, the arches, and that first cozy dining room all have me wishing I could enjoy lunch at Assaha. The tray of sweets is beautifully presented.

Angie said...

Tammy - I am enjoying our winter, but the last shot of the outdoor tables finally got me - I adore al fresco dining, and I am looking forward to it so much. The village vibe of this restaurant, with the balconies and so on, is really attractive. And complimentary sweets? Sure to make me want to go back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...