Thursday, February 14, 2019

A Little Love

Love is born through the giving of kindness.
(Inderjeet Singh Rajpal)

Over the last few years, leaving crocheted hearts all around has become a thing I do often..
The pattern I use is one designed by @queen_babs that she posted on Instagram.
They are so easy to make and have come in handy in so many ways over the years.

For Valentine's Day, @sweet_sharna on Instagram was encouraging everyone to spread some love by leaving handmade hearts out and about so I left one this morning by the Kuwait Towers.
#leavealittleheart 

The towers just happen to be on my way to the hospital where I volunteer on Thursdays in the pediatric playroom.   I left a jar of hearts there to spread a little love to all the patients.
And tonight, while waiting for my husband to have a CT scan, I crocheted 11 hearts and gave 8 away.
One nurse told me I had a good heart, that's why I was able to give away my good work.
Another nurse told me she was giving the heart to her daughter because she is the love of her life.
I also gave hearts to a patient and a porter.  And to my husband's doctor who said he was going to give it to his 14 year old daughter.  The funny thing is that, we had to see him twice this evening and in between those times, he had gone to another floor where he was given chocolate, so he gave that person the first heart.  That little gift of love was being spread all over the place.  I gave him two more before we left.  The nurse that works with him promptly put her heart on her keychain.

You always gain by giving love.
 These lovely little hearts were given out at our last craft meeting by one of our very sweet and talented members.
And this one was gifted to me by another dear friend.

Sending wishes your way for a happy, love-filled day!



15 comments:

Teresa Kasner said...

I <3 you! I love how you share your love and it keeps going.. you're a rock star of crochet!!

_.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._
*H*A*P*P*Y* *V*A*L*E*N*T*I*N*E*S* *D*A*Y*
_.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._

((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Quinn said...

Thank you, Tammy, and I hope your husband is well! It's been a long day of political "news" here, and your post and pictures really helped to rebalance my outlook as I'm getting ready to go out and do the evening chores. Please keep sharing your heart(s) and making the world a little bit sweeter!

Betsy said...

My sweet Tammy, I loved reading about how you are spreading your hearts all over Kuwait. And to give so many away at one time and watch those people pass the love on, is an extra special blessing. I truly believe that we can change the world one little piece of kindness at a time. Happy Valentine’s Day my friend.
Blessings, Betsy

kathyinozarks said...

You are a special lady-hugs

crafty cat corner said...

I'll vouch for what that nurse said, you do have a good heart Tammy and its a shame that more people aren't like you. I hope all goes well for your husband, its a worry.
Briony
x

Linda P said...

Your crocheted hearts are a beautiful way to show love to others. I hope your husband is ok. Thinking of you Tammy.

Sam I Am...... said...

Love all your hearts and isn't it amazing how something so small that doesn't cost a lot of money can have such a wonderful affect on everyone....it is the true essence of passing it forward. I hope you had a great day and I hope your husbands tests revealed he is healthy and well!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

What a great idea to leave hearts around at various locations when you're out and about. I'm sure it creates a pleasant surprise for people who see them.

Mary said...

Such a heartfelt, full of hearts, post dear Tammy. I especially hope all is well with your dear hubby. Bob gave me a scare one day last week and we ended up at the doctor's office - thankfully he's fine now!

You are special as so many of us know - and how lovely you volunteer in the playroom.
I must learn how to make the hearts - leaving them around or handing them out sounds like such a lovely thing to do in this crazy, sick and often sad world.

Take care of each other -
Hugs, Mary

Mereknits said...

You spread love everywhere Tammy, including on this blog of yours. Hope your husband is okay, thinking of you both.

Melanie said...

I love hearts...and I also love how you leave these beautiful hearts around for others to find, plus pass some out. There can never be enough kindness in the world and you never know whose day you have uplifted by someone coming across your hearts by surprise.

Kit said...

I just love all the hearts! I bet folks are thrilled when they spy one of those lovely hearts. :) Kit

Jodiebodie said...

Love is contagious!

Angie said...

Tammy - your posts have regularly been populated with these hearts, and for the most part people have been thrilled to receive them. It just goes to show - we never know when someone might need that little bit of love and encouragement. YOU are needed in the world, more than ever!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Tammy,
Those filled out hearts are especially adorable!
They sure make lovely gifts and a very warm and kind token of love.
Hope all went well with your husband's check up!
Hugs,
Mariette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...