Monday, October 28, 2019

Crochet Challenge Complete

At the end of August, I had lunch with friends, one of which showed up with this 3-D Leaf Bag she had recently finished making.
(You can find her on Instagram @whiskersandyarn.)

It was then that she had the bright idea that me and two other friends should also make the bags since it was really a very easy pattern.  To encourage us to make one, she said she would do all the finishing for us (adding a lining, pocket, magnetic clasp and handles).
As you can see, we accepted the challenge and were successful in crocheting the bags.  (Aruna's is top left, Zhraa's bottom left, and my two are on the right.)  We were given a diagram to follow, but I had previously come across a YouTube tutorial by Annoo Crochet so that's what I followed.  Turns out, they were very easy to make, though I have to say, there was still a lot of frogging with the first bag.
The second one went much quicker.
  A couple of weeks ago, I got the bags back from Rene.
I posted them to Instagram on Saturday and they've received a whole lot of love.  I've even had many people ask if I will make more to sell but I'm not a big fan of making things over and over again.  I was really pleased to make two and knew Rene would be very surprised which made it worthwhile.  So, we'll see.  There might be more bags in the future (Rene has already agreed to do the finishing on any additional bags).
 :)

Happy Monday!

19 comments:

Maya Kuzman said...

As I've already said on instagram - they are gorgeous! This is one of the best designs I've seen recently that one would not grow old with!

Teresa Kasner said...

Tammy... I'm so impressed with both of your bags, they're gorgeous.. and your friend is so nice to line them and put such a nice handle on. Wow! Bravo! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

kathyinozarks said...

wow what an amazing friend to put the bags together for you all-they are really cool bags-Happy Monday Kathy

Mary said...

Tammy they are really fabulous - I hope you can make more to sell online. Let us know if you do please.

Lorrie said...

They are beautiful bags, Tammy. And how sweet of your friend to offer to finish them for you.

Betsy said...

Tammy those bags are gorgeous! How generous of your friend to volunteer to put them together for you. I may just have to check out that video, but I don't know if I could figure out how to finish it though. Anyway, I absolutely adore your bags.
Blessings,
Betsy

Sam I Am...... said...

Those bags are gorgeous! What a great friend to finish them for you too. What a great Christmas present that would make for my daughter...hmmm. I better go find the pattern! Thank you!

Kit said...

These are wonderful! So clever with the raised design. 😊 We had a mini blizzard yesterday! Now very cold. Are you having walking temps now? Kit

Derya said...

Hello Tammy, The bags are amazing, I like them, the lining and the handles are great. Use on happy days .. :)

Angie said...

Tammy - congratulations on such a beautiful outcome! I love the linings in these bags - your friend is talented to finish these in such a professional-looking way! Enjoy the rest of your week!

Sam I Am...... said...

Those bags are awesome! I want to make some for sure! You did a beautiful job!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Tammy,
All I can say is WOW!
You really have all created something so lovely, with the encouragement of Rene and she graciously completed the lining and handles on them.
That is so very special and they look lovely.
Sending you hugs,
Mariette

Mereknits said...

They are gorgeous and I can see why everyone would want one. Good for you creating these wonderful bags. I'm glad you took up the challenge.

Jodiebodie said...

You have such generous and talented friends. The bags look beautiful. I have admired that design in knitting for a long time and almost picked up some needles because of it but crochet is my first language.
I'm like you in that I'm also not a fan of doing the same thing over and over - my brain gets restless - there's just too many amazing crochet patterns to try before I die!
Lovely lovely work everyone.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

The pattern and the bags are so pretty! The linings look wonderful. I agree, I do not like making the same thing over and over , even if it is to sale.
Check out my blog before Nov. 18th. There is a "contest" I have linked for bloggers who like crochet, knit,embroider and more that you might like to enter.

Quinn said...

Wow, Tammy, what lovely bags and so beautifully finished! Renee is a very good friend! I think this is the prettiest crochet bag design I've ever seen. Just...WOW!

Mrs. Micawber said...

I've seen that pattern before, and it is indeed gorgeous. The designer is so talented! You all did a lovely job, and how fun to have a mini crochet-along with your friends. Especially since one of them was willing to do all the finishing touches! :D

eclectichomelife said...

Gosh Tamy they are superb. Beautifully executed and how generous of your friend to line them etc. Great partnerships of talent.

handmade by amalia said...

The bags deserve all the love they get, they are fantastic.
Amalia
xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...