Thursday, September 21, 2023

Throwback Thursday: Seeds and Snow

 I always take lots of pictures when we travel and yet rarely do I share or post them properly.  Today when someone on Instagram posted a nature art spiral made from seed heads that had floated to the ground, I was reminded of our trip to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan at the end of April/beginning of May 2022.  Spring was a fine time for our visit there as the weather was really pleasant for sitting outdoors and the city is very walkable for sightseeing.
At the oldest park in Bishkek, there were seed heads floating all around us on the first day of May, 2022. They were literally piling up just like snow drifts.

And, as you can see, I scooped up a handful just as I did with the snow on a day hike we took in the Ala Archa National Park.
And speaking of snow, I found this little guy on a walk in my neighborhood. 
One of the nursery schools tossed a lot of supplies at the end of the school year and now that kids are back to school they seem to still be cleaning and clearing things out. 

Hope September is treating you well.
Take care.

6 comments:

Wanda said...

What delightful photos. Love the seeds and snow. What an interesting combination. I like your shoes. Thanks for taking us along!

Dee said...

Good to see you back again. Happy September!

That is A LOT of dandelion seed heads.

Betsy said...

You are a fantastic photographer Tammy. I don't think I've ever see that many dandelion seed heads in one place before. And the photo in park is so beautiful. I love it. You know how I love the mountains. And snowmen. They are seriously my favorite winter decoration. I'm so glad to see your post today.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Maya Kuzman said...

Love the picture with all those magnificent dandelions! And I also love to follow you on your photo-travelogues! They are always wondrous!

Delighted Hands said...

i like the parallels you've noted! We don't have any dandelions in my area of Florida; I always tease my DH that I could bring some back from one of our northern trips! He did not like them in our yard at the NY farm! lol

Angie said...

Tammy - your "drifts" remind me of the blossoms from apple trees, when they drift up against grass on sidewalks. Love your little snowman and the snowflake!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...