Monday, July 10, 2023

Hello Again!

 Three months since my last post.
Certainly not intended, but when days and weeks and months slip by, not being here becomes a habit that seems hard to break.  However, last month, a couple of blog friends dropped by to check in and that was the nudge I needed to get back on here.

In my last post on April 13th, I shared my progress on the 27-week stitch-along I was taking part in -- we were at 15 weeks then -- and as of last week, the SAL was complete and I'm happy to say I finished it right on time.
Today the hosts for the SAL, Tangled Threads and Things, provided 5 border options from the very simple to a little more detailed -- but I'm thinking I'm done.  I like the simple one they shared, but if I get it framed, then there will be a mat around the design and there's already a lot of pattern -- so I think I'm gonna leave it as it is.  Does it really need a border?  

Lately I've been making a lot of doilies.
The stacked shell mini-doily to be exact.
A pattern that is easy to remember so can be worked on at craft meet-ups, while waiting, or while traveling.
Lots of people travel during the summer so our meet-up this past Saturday was quite small.

And finally for today, let me introduce you to Rosie.
She showed up in our stairwell around the very end of May or beginning of June.  Since Jingles died in July of 2020, my husband has insisted we do not need another cat but, he's actually the one who started letting her inside and she seems to have won him over with her sweetness because she is now officially a part of the family and is a very good girl.

See you again soon.
Take care!

8 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Your cross stitch is just wonderful. I am not sure a border is necessary, but I do hope you frame it. Just lovely.

Glad to see you back! And that kitten could not be more precious.

Susan said...

Jingles died, Tammy. Awwwww. That was sad news. Jingles was such a beautiful cat. Your work of art is quite gorgeous. Wow. That took a LOT of detail work and time. Gorgeous. Glad you are posting a bit. I have missed you. Thanks for stopping by. Susan

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Susie is such a doll. So sorry to hear about Jingles. It is hard when you loose a fur baby . I am amazed at your gorgeous doilies. I collect doilies but sadly do not know how to make them. I so admire your skill.

Mary said...

Lovely post Tammy and your needlework is so beautiful.
Rosie does look so sweet - she is lucky to have found a good home with you - and I hope she spends many years bringing you happiness also. No pet really takes the place of another, each is special in different ways and all bring joy to life.
Glad you're doing well - hope the boys are too, where are they these days?
Hugs - Mary

Sandy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the cross stitch, its so interesting to look at and I totally agree, it does not need a border. In fact I think it would detract from it. What do you do with all your dollies? And welcome back, happy to see you again.

Quinn said...

First, I am delighted to meet Rosie, who looks very sweet indeed - I'm glad your husband was charmed by her :) Every one of these kitten portraits is perfectly lovely, and I look forward to seeing more.
Second, I can see that piece with or without a border, and agree with you that a mat would serve the same purpose as a stitched border. And I hope you will get it framed - it's a gem!

Linda said...

Congratulations on your new addition, Tammy! Rosie is adorable and as I mentioned previously, she reminds me so much of our Mona girl, whom I adore. In fact, the two cats that we took in 6 years ago (Mona and Baby), who just ended up in our yard, have become two bright lights in my world. They're demanding, but oh so loveable.
Glad to read and see all that you've been up to. You're one of the most creative people I know - it's amazing all that you produce! I don't do anything like that, but I'm equally creative in my gardening and household creations. Yesterday, I hosted a wine tasting with a friend, under our spruce tree in part of the garden area of our yard. She was delighted with the food and drink in a peaceful garden surrounding.
Hope you have a great rest of the week and weekend - though for me, weekends are just like any other time since neither Jim nor I work (for pay), haha.
Enjoy!

Angie said...

Well, Tammy, you are not the only one that has been away from blogging for a bit. We had such a wonderfully busy summer, and our daughter's wedding was in October (see my blog). I just didn't want to make time for my computer! I love your SAL - I think I would put a border around it ...

And so happy to see Rosie join your family - she looks absolutely delightful! Going to go check out your other posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...