Sunday, March 29, 2015

Walking, Wandering and RAKs

Yesterday I took not one, but two walks.  In the morning on my own and in the afternoon with my husband.
Beautiful blue skies and the temperature was just right.
My husband prefers to stick to the walking path.
While I prefer to wander which is much more interesting.
What made my morning walk even more special was that, while I was taking pictures of all the pretty things I saw along the way ...
a kind gentleman was sitting in his garden and said I could take a picture of his flowers.
You could tell he was quite proud of all his flowers and plants.
He then plucked one for me to take home.
Unexpected acts of kindness are a wonderful thing.

So not only was my mood lifted by the walking.
But I was also inspired by the random act of a stranger. 
Rather ironic that today I visit a secondhand bookstore with a friend and the first book I laid eyes on was entitled Random Acts of Kindness.
Of course, it had to come home with me.

Nancy Thayer

Have a blessed day!

13 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful post Tammy-

linda said...

Aw how nice of him Tammy I bet he was pleased that someone took the trouble to stop and look at his garden of which he must be very proud, it's lovely when something out of the ordinary happens to us like this it quite makes your day. Loved your five on Friday too, you have some lovely places to walk. :) xxx

Teresa Kasner said...

What a nice day for you to have two walks, make a new friend, get a flower gift and find the perfect used book! Bravo! Your vacation is starting out wonderfully! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Melanie said...

I prefer to go off the beaten paths on walks too, Tammy. It makes the walk so much more interesting! I love your story about the man tending to his flowers and giving you one. Such a beautiful gesture of kindness.

Susan said...

Hello Tammy...I have that book, too! Yes, that stranger's random act of kindness made your day. So thoughtful. Susan

Anonymous said...

I love those purple sneakers!!!!

The skinny chicken made me laugh. Chickens are an icon of our town, but most of ours are quite pudgy because everyone feeds them. LOL

Lizzy D said...

Beautiful sky and palm fronds and flowers! I love the hollyhocks...and that the gentleman giave you a flower to bring home.

lizzy

Unknown said...

Beautiful! The rose is lovely and the book looks perfect for YOU!

Amy at love made my home said...

What a wonderful RAK! xx

Quinn said...

Thank you for sharing your wandering walk with us, Tammy!
I agree about the frequent opportunities presented by the universe for thought and understanding. In fact, I recently had an unexpected and unsettling exchange with a stranger on ravelry, which forced me to put into words my feelings about our "legacies." I said this:
"I think possibly our legacies include the countless moments of care and kindness we scatter throughout our lives, often without even realizing it. Who knows what seeds we have planted or nurtured along the way?"

Seems appropriate to share here today :)

Tanna said...

This sounds like a perfect day, Tammy! I love the whole RAK moments... =) AND that green door! Let the kindnesses continue... from each of us... blessings ~ tanna

Tanya said...

What a beautiful post, Tammy - I always love seeing what you've been up to...random acts of beauty AND kindness! And, what a bougainvillea that is up there - gorgeous!

Londoneya said...

I love your walks! I also love walks myself, especially in beautiful surroundings.

Random acts of kindness from strangers are the best. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...